News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

OnROV Fall Ride...2009!!!

Started by Tiger, August 10, 2009, 07:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Night_Vision & Wolf rode in yesterday afternoon as did Canadian_Lou for a wee visit... 8)

'Raj, who now owns Fiddlesticks old Vision, stopped by to get some needed work done...leaking oil seals on the front forks. I have a set already rebuilt, so it was an easy change out and I'll rebuild the leaking ones next week. He headed out with Canadian_Lou to get his carbs balanced..."See you at Breezy Corners boys" 8)

The three of us settled down to a few cold ones...before and after a B.B.Q steak supper...to catch up on each others season since we last met up. Over the course of several hours we managed to get rid of a twofour of beer, a couple of stragglers and the best part of a bottle of Jamesons Irish Whiskey!!! Not bad for three old farts, eh :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Well, I guess its time to get showered up and make myself look pretty...bugger less than three hours, damn not enough time!!! LOL

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

wow, that was fun!

good seeing everyone again, meeting some new folks, and getting doused  :D

I'm changing my handle to RainMaker  ;D

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kev10104

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable ride.I was so hoping to go but unfortunately I had to work.

Tiger

8) WOW...another great weekend has flown bye... :o ;)...and what a weekend its been...No accidents or brakedowns = a successfull weekend in my books... 8)

Fourteen rides, three with a pillion, and not one bad incident to write about...you can't beat that, I tell you boys and girls 8)

We had one or two unable to make it at the last minute and vice versa...even my North American divisional president came up from Cleveland Ohio, on his brand new B.M.W GS, to sample our Canadian hospitality... 8) 8) 8)

As planned, we met up as Breezy Corners restaurant for a heart bustin', cholesterol laden breakfast and buckets of fresh, hot, caffeine loaded coffee to set us up for our days ride.
Once all those bellies were filled, out into the car park we went for a quick briefing session..."We ride in staggered formation, keep it tight, keep it safe, etc, etc" after which this rabid pack of seasoned bikers presented Barre, who was celebrating his 65th birthday with us, his present...a Joe Rocket shirt & birthday card signed by everyone. To the embarrassment of Barre and the delight of people having breakfast or just passing by... we sang a loud rendition of "Happy Birthday"...to Baz  :o :-[ ;D :D :D :D :D 8)
We gassed up and with Canadian_Lou up front as Road Captain, set away for a days ride, out through the Niagara Falls region via a lot of twisty back roads, up and down the mountain terrain and just had a ball, a real blast.]
We eventually stopped in Grimsby for a well earned Tim Horton's coffee break...during which, my wife got talking to a local biker who told us about a bikers leather shop just a wee bit back down the road, much to the shock horror of Canadian_Lou who said "we are here to ride not shop"...(out voted C_L!!! ;) ) and to the shop we went for a brouse around and a free hot dog or burger for them that still had room... :o Afterwards we decided to head back toward The Mandarin Restaurant, which was a good 1 1/2 hours away. Shortly after setting back out on the road, the rain that had been forcast all day, made its appearance!!! Off to the side of the road we pulled over to don rain gear and say our farewells to those not going to the restaurant and would be leaving the pack along the way. It rained pretty heavy and steady, right till we reached The Mandarin... ::) I don't think between us we has a pint of gas left in the gas tanks :o :o :o... ;) A few made it in there cars and vans. Tammy, Kev's wife told us to put our helmets, rain gear, etc in her van...thank you Tammy :-*
The Mandarin puts on a fantastic buffet of superb foods...Chinese, with a bit of Japanese and Canadian fare thrown in for good measure... 8) Another rendition of "Happy Birthday" to a once again embarrassed Barre...with camera's flashing...ensued, to the delight of our crew and the other people sat around enjoying their meals.
We all eventually rolled out and loaded up for...beers at my place, some 45 minutes away. At this point we, bike wise, were down to just four. It was wet, dark and a mist was starting to roll in. Once outside the city limits and on the country roads, it was now wetter, darker and mistier and getting worse :o I rode the last 15 minutes home by myself, having lost Wee Barre, Night_Vision & Wolf somewere in a fog bank!!! A couple of minutes later Wolf rolled up...by himself...having also lost Wee Barre & Night_Vision in the fog :o :o :o I jumped in the cage and eventually found them at wee Barre's house 10 minutes away!!! Alls well that ends well, eh  ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Once everyone went home N_V, Wolf and myself had some time to have a few more beers/Irish whiskey and have a giggle about the day, before eventually going to our beds around 1.35a.m...Were is the yawning icon!!!
Sunday finds us back at Breezy Corners for another gut buster before heading down to Niagara Falls to wave Night_Vision off across the border.
Then came a real scare for yours truly!!! ...with Big Barrie, Fiddlesticks and Paul riding behind me...I go down the left lane, past a line of standing traffic, to get to the lights to turn left...A young guy in his car, with a couple of his pals on board, enjoying their day out, decide to enter the lane, so he just swings out :o :o Its pouring with rain at this point, just to make matters worse!!! I grab the brakes and move left some, but he keeps coming still having not realised his mistake... my "out" is gone and I am now facing oncoming traffic, "The Mistress", having nearly gone away from under me, is steadied and waiting for the ensuing crunch!!!...Ooh shite!!! At this critical point, he stops...With my heart beating at an accelerated rate I flip my visor up to ball this F*****G idiot out >:( >:( by this time he has his window down, is completely white and says something like..."I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, its all my fault" He's actually shaking...Well what can you say to some daft bugger who nearly caused me to crap myself...I looked over to him, smiled and accepted his apology...hey what more can you do really...start screamin' obscenities, beat the snot outta him...maybe once upon a time ;) but the end run was, no one got hurt, shaken but no pain... ::)
We headed out from Niagara Falls and rode down the highway to hwy #6 and headed north, stopping for a coffee and giggle about the near miss along the way. An hour later, after running some great twisty roads, I was back home...and ready for for a wee rest before getting over to the key board.

We had several new riders with us for this fall ride, including four or five who have never ridden in a group ride before!!! My hats off to you all for making this, the forth year, another great success story. You all deserve a pat on the back for your effort and dedication..."Thank you all"

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on September 27, 2009, 05:44:44 PM
wow, that was fun!

good seeing everyone again, meeting some new folks, and getting doused  :D

I'm changing my handle to RainMaker  ;D

Hahahahaha...Rainmaker is about right, eh ::) ;D :D :D :D :D... ;) Never mind, we all got home safe in the end...a wee bit damp maybe but safe non the less 8)

It was good having you stay/ride with us again. You know our door is always open to you buddy... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on September 27, 2009, 06:33:13 PM
I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable ride.I was so hoping to go but unfortunately I had to work.

:) Hey Kev', you have to think family first buddy...but you were missed.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

Thank you buddy and I agree but I sure wanted to go.Glad everybody had a great time.

wolf

Another grrreat ride, Tiger!! Many thanks again to you & Cathy--so good to see everyone again. Thanks also to CDLou for leading--I didn't know one escarpment could have so many curves!
Tiger---scary--rain and no where to escape to with a daft driver about to cut you off...relieved to hear you managed to avoid disaster!!

joevacc

Very glad to see all is well!   ;D ;D ;D  knew it 8)
Ok... when is the next ride???  I'm ready!   ;)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

wow, glad it was a near miss instead of something worse...

on the lighter side... here are the pics Tiger sent me. might be more later:::::::::

;D

Tiger

:) Superb, thanks N_V...more to follow 8)

8)........TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

OOOooo more pics!

Doctor Vision is in the house (not the optometrist  ;) )

;D

Tiger

:) Happy memories!!! Thanks again N_V... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)