News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Philly ROV ride

Started by VisionaryDan, October 10, 2005, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionaryDan

Hey Philadelphia Visionaries,

I guess we are back! The threads aparently didn't make the cut. So first if Zore could repost his map that would be a good first step. Second my last post was to say we are trying to make ROV ride for the 22nd of October at 12:00 noon. We are meeting in Chadds Ford Pa. that's in Chester County. Right now we plan to meet at the Burger King unless there is a better place.

Thanks,
Dan

MotorPlow

Darn it! That's only 400 miles for me. Unfortunately, I will be at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg on a family vacation on that week end. If there was only a way to be 2 places at once.

zore

I should have the XZ550RRsp0 superbike ready by then with new brakes.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

I was supposed to go on a 600 mile ride this weekend.  I've decided to not do that infavor of our little ride on the 22nd.  I'm excited about it actually as long as my XZ550RR SP0 Zore Edition Super Bike holds together.  You can always tell how confident someone is in their bike by how tightly they screw the tank bolt down.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Zore you have me intrigued what makes up a XZ550RR SP0 Zore Edition Super bike is.

I'm sure if you tell us we can get a few more interested people to show up for our ride :)

Dan

hfarley

Heys guys and gals!
I have been thinking this ride over a bit and I am going to decline this time but would like to be involved in the next one. I really haven't ridden that far yet on my bike and I think I need a bit more up time rather than downtime on my bike before attempting this type of thing. It is at least a 2 hour ride for me one way and between there and back and then going out later that same evening it just is going to be a bit much. But if it is nice on the 22nd I will be out riding you can count on it.  So I will ride with you guys in spirit but not in person. Sorry !
-Heather

I was going to build up my skills and time on the bike before the ride so that I would be ok to do the distance but with all of this rain it just hasn't been possible. I hope you guys understand and I look forward to the next one!
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

That's too bad.  The meet spot is about 80 miles for me I think.  If you still wanted to go, we could meet on the turnpike at a rest stop or some such.  Then tool down together if you are worried about going by yourself.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

I mapped it out and they had me going down route 1 almost all the way there. Where would you get on the turnpike? And where would you get off once there? Maybe your directions are better than mine. I don't think I will change my mind but ya never know! I am really just worried about my bike breaking down. I haven't been able to ride it very far or long so far. I guess I just feel I need to stretch both her and my legs a bit before tackling a ride like this one.
-Heather

zore

I'll buy that.? I have taken mine to work a few times which is 70 miles one way.? I got my stainless steel line and new pads in so that should make it better.? Just need to fix the broken carburator so it will idle.? But I'll take it anway as it runs pretty good as long as I don't idle.  You said you live in new brunswick?   
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

xtrmrokkrwlr

Well glad to see the thread back up and running. Bad news as some of you know my V was hit last week. Well damage was thought to be minimal. That's not the case. Front fork tweaked and leaking also steering head sloppy. So she be down for awhile. Went on ascary ride to the garage. Anyways I'm supposed to be going to NH on sat mornrin to pick and ride home an 86 fz 600. Its a 450 mi ride home but if the weather holds a may still be able to meet yous. Since I'll be heading down sort of that way. What a great weekend that would be 600+ mi in a weekend. Haven't done that in awhile. Anyways if I can't make it. Keep the rubber side down and maybe next time.  :)

hfarley

I am actually in Dayton NJ which is between New Brunswick and Princeton.  Where are you coming from again?

zore

Alright.  I used to work at Dayton Toyota.  I live in Jackson near Great Adventure.  We could meet in hightstown off route 130 somewhere.  I have gps so we wont get lost getting there.  As long as you think the bike is charging, running etc.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Hey can we have a show of hands who is coming for sure. I'll throw this out if it ends up just being Zore and I maybe we should move the ride closer to Jersey. That way we would be closer for Heather.  Maybe river road / New Hope area. River road has some nice twisties and there are other roads are in that area that are good for riding.

But if we get the guys from Virgina coming up or some people from western Pa - we should probably try to keep it more central for everyone.

So again who is definitely coming?

Thanks,
Dan

zore

I still think the ride to south pa del would be a great ride.  I don't think it's more than 60 miles or so from Jackson and it's well worth it.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

I actually cancelled this weeks ride to do next weeks with you guys (that and it looks like rain :) ) 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

xtrmrokkrwlr

Sorry thought the ride was this weekend. Anyways with it being next weekend I should be able to make just not with the V :(. So if you don't mind a V being repaired owner riding with you on an fz I still like to go.

zore

I certainly don't mind.  I was going to take the Monster as a back up plan in case the XZR550RR SP0 wasn't running up to spec.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

So we have

Zore
xtrmrokkrwlr
Dan

What happened to the Virgina guys?

MotorPlow

Sorry Guys,
Along with my bike being down with the annoying head shake, I will be in Busch Gardens with the family that weekend.

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900