Philly ROV ride

Started by VisionaryDan, October 10, 2005, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionaryDan

Hey, I'm from the otherside of the river!

There was one other guy from Harrisburg but he hasn't been on this board for a week or so.? I don't know where Hightstown is but there is always River road on my side of the river. Just think I bought? new tires for both bikes so I could keep up in the twisties with Zore.? ?;D? ?(I still don't know which "V" I'm taking)

I'm easy, where ever you guys want to meet is fine with me.

Last call anyone else?Dan

zore

Well, the jersey peeps can meet up in hightstown, then all ride to river road.  Hightstown is exit 8 on the turnpike.  Either way we have to get over the river to get to the riding destination.  You give us an address, and we'll meet you there.  I was also thinking maybe we should push it back to 11am just to allow people who are further away to get home before dark.  Just my 2 cents.

I ordered a head gasket, we'll see if it's here in time.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Maybe we should push the whole thing back to Sunday or make it the 29th. Have you checked the forcast they are calling for rain. That gives everyone another week to get things together and maybe we can get a few more riders to come out.

What do you think?

Dan

zore

I did check the weather but I wasn't going to worry about it until Thursday.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

I was going to say that I watched the weather on tv this morning and they are calling for rain this weekend. I would be ok if we switched it to the 29th instead. Plus that would give everyone time to work on their bikes, get parts in, etc... Let me know! And have we decided on a final meeting place? Count me in as long as the V starts up that morning. LOL!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

That works for me more gooder better.  My wife will be out all weekend so that will give me something to do other than paint.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

Well I am in. My party that I was supposed to go to on Saturday got moved to the 5th so I am free this weekend and next weekend to ride. Just let me know when and where!
-Heather
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

VisionaryDan

Ok here we go again. I think we have 4 that commited to the 29th

Heather
Zore
xtrmrokkrwlr
Dan

Can't make it:
MotorPlow

I have not heard from:
Blake

Hopefully we will hear from a few more.

Dan

hfarley

That is correct on my part. I will be there!! whoo hoo! This will be my first ride with a group too. I am excited!
-Heather
PS I have been "practicing" by riding to and from work and I went for longer rides this past weekend to build up my stamina. The bike runs pretty well. (I am still tweaking the pipes a little at a time until I get it right) ;D And I can't get over the power that she has. I love it!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

xtrmrokkrwlr

Hey all,
The 29th is good for me. Where we meet just let me know. Also an address would be nice so i can get map guest to point me in the right direction. Also the fzr i got over the weekend is running great already put 250 miles on it. Just a hi idle prob to fix. ;D

VisionaryDan

I  guess we should finalize the time and place. So I'm indifferent either the loop in Chester county or River Road along the Delaware river is fine with me. It is starting to get a bite in there air and if you are riding naked a 100 mile ride could get a bit nippy.

So I am asking for a vote.  For those that are interested in getting together please reply and let us know what location you would prefer. I still think noon on Saturday the 29th is a good time.  So far the weather looks like it is going to cooperate.

Dan

zore

29th is fine for me.  I think route I had posted will be fun and short.  It's about 40 miles.  Bring your camera's.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

I suppose we should get meeting point, route situated.  Once we have that, I'll plan it out.  The route I posted is not far from Phily, and we can do river road as well (not sure where that is).  I just need a few spots so I can throw them into a route.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

It doesn't matter to me where we meet. If I had to choose I would choose closer to me but I really don't mind riding further. I do not have a fairing but I have some ski clothes that are supposed to keep me warm. I will bundle up as well so I am not to concerned.  Just give me an address and I'm there. If you guys really get stuck for a spot to meet. I am locatd about 10 minutes off of exit 8a from the turnpike so you could always come t my house. I don't know of any twisty routes though. But the house is here if you need it.
-Heather

VisionaryDan

River Road is in the PA side of the Delware River - I think it's RT32. I am most familiar with the section between New Hope and New Milford. It winds along the river and is nice ride even in a car. 

Heather and Zore want to meet up with me in Frenchtown or New Hope and take River Road down to Rt 1.  Or River Road to RT95 then to RT1 and cut the corner. Eitherway is longer but it's a nicer ride.

Then we could meet up with xtrmrokkrwlr at Chadds Ford and do that loop.

What do you think?

Dan 

zore

Heather can meet me in hightstown we can go from there where ever the rest of you want to meet.  I'd like to do river road since I haven't been on it yet.  I'm going to take the XZR550RR^23 to work some time this week.  As long as it makes it there and back, I'll take it, other wise it will be the monster.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

Sounds good to me. What time are we meeting and where in Hightstown do you want me to meet you Zore?? Email me privately and I will give you my contact info so that we can solidify details.
-Heather ;D

hfarley1@aol.com

hfarley

Don't want to throw a wrench in our plans but we may want to watch the weather again. Right now they are calling for rain on Saturday but we all know that could change between now and then. If it does rain are we rescheduling? (again) LOL!
-Heather

hfarley

Well... I can't go this weekend.  :'( :'( My grandmother who was in the hospital because she fell is coming home to her hpouse in Florida on Friday. I am supposed to fly down to Florida for Thursday and Friday for work and was going to come home Friday night and ride with you guys on Saturday. Well my grandma gave me the whole guilt trip thing of if you come down I will pay your way....  I am 30 years old and I still fall for the grandma guilt trick. LOL! So unfortunately unless we change the date (and I am not asking you guys too) I will not be able to make it.  :'( Let me kow how it was and I will catch you guys next time.
-Heather

zore

Yeah, my wife is out this weekend so I'm riding regardless.  But that doesn't mean we can't ride again.   ;D  I ride every day and I'de ride every weekend if my wife would let me.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900