Where Can I Buy From

Started by cvincer, April 09, 2012, 09:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvincer

G'day Gentlemen   ................  Can anyone advise re where I can buy a clutch rubber boot & also those

rubber rings that the side-panel clip onto?  Many Thanks

Re-Vision

Clutch boots can be found on E-Bay at times for about $15, grommets can be bought from the Yamaha Stealers. I recently ordered grommets from a Ft. Worth dealer and the costs ran up to $38, they lost electrical power before I had a chance to pay for them and I haven't went back. Someone likely has an aftermarket parts supplier for these parts but I do not.       BDC

Rick G

Rubber bits for my VX were prices like gold too , I guess we have to be grateful to get them at all.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

QBS

I have seen very similar rubber grommits in the specialty hardware drawers at my local Lowes home improvement store.  The clutch lever rubber should be very generic look at online bike parts stores.

A TIP: to take the stress off of the rubber grommit and the plastic parts that interact with it during their removal and installation, lightly grease the rubber for easier slide on and off.