Good old Toronto Emergency Services..............

Started by vadasz1, July 26, 2008, 04:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

What a joke our emergency services is.  I t is now 4:22 PM as I write this.  I called in a single vehicle accident at 2:50 PM.  It had just finished pouring rain, and a Caravan minivan was going to fast for the tight left sweeper of a turn (a 40KMH turn that he must have taken at about 80 KMH), infront of the UHAUL location that I work at on the weekends, and mounted the curb and also hit a 8" high driveway curbing.  It landed on the driveway curbing.  The left front rim is seriously bent, both air bags deployed, and tranny fluid is leaking.  The fron dam is toast and possibly the front cradle is bent very well.  The driver, a male about 20-22 yrs of age, and the passenger, a latino or philipina about the same age, got oout of the van and went into the cardealer that their can was now parked on.  They looked very dazed and confused.  No blood but may have a concusion if the bag hit them right.  Tha ambulance took about 20-25 minutes to show up and even as I finish this post the cops still ahven't showed up.  As usual a tow truck was first on the scene about 5 minutes after the mishap.  I think that an EMS and cop should ride along with tow truck drivers just to get to accident scenes faster.  Even though the pair were uninjured, bless their lucky souls, the emergency services team should have completely showed up within the first half hour. 

This just goes to show you how thin our plice services are spread out in a city with a population of about 4.5 million.  I bet that in anyother populated area with less than 1 million they would have been there witihin 10 minutes.  God bless the mayor of Toronto for spending the cities money wisely.

Now back to our regularly oh-hum lives. ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

inanecathode

I live about an 1/8th mile from the fire station :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

If you want fast police service, move near a donut shop.   ;D

Actually, the police in Ft. Collins are pretty good.  The times I called in my loud neighbors, the response times ranged from 10 minutes to an hour.  This was all done over the non-emergency phone number.  Considering all the bars, drunk fights & stuff for them to deal with, I was pleasantly surprised at how fast they showed up for those calls.

Tow trucks are always on scene at the same time or earlier than an ambulance here, too.  The police are normally a couple minutes behind.  Things are usually finished fairly quickly.

Guess the moral is:  Don't have an accident in Toronto!   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

vadasz1

WEll the cops finally showed up wehn I closed shop at 5PM.  I sure wouldn't like to be in the young lads shoes tonight. :o ::)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Tow trucks get paid for doing their job...probably why they got there quick.  As for EMS, if they asked you of there were any serious injuries and you said no, they will prioritize their calls.  Cops are usually designated as first responders and should have showed up before the tow truck.  They are supposed to be able to provide basic and lifesaving "first aid".  Usually during storms though, accident rates go up and the system gets taxed.  But still, that was an awful lot of time.   Even for no apparent injuries.  A concussion can be a bad thing, even if there doesn't seem to be any real injury.  Brain bleeds can go bad and really bad in just a few minutes to hours.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on July 26, 2008, 04:24:17 PM
It had just finished pouring rain, and a Caravan minivan was going to fast for the tight left sweeper of a turn (a 40KMH turn that he must have taken at about 80 KMH

::) This is tight at 40 Km's, on an industrial area, with a fair amount of traffic coming and going from the various shops/factories, etc. I really don't have a great deal of sympathy for the idiots that fly around there at times... ::)

The hospital is only a few blocks away...close enough to walk to and think about what to tell your parent(s)!!!

The emergency services have enough shite to put up with, especially in Toronto. I personally think they do a great job 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!