Number #16 is SOLD!!...

Started by Tiger, October 11, 2009, 05:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on October 31, 2009, 07:57:58 AM

Its now working as well as an '82 Vision front brake system will work, with the oem rubber brake line ::) :D :D :D :D... ;)

once you get the SS lines, after awhile you forget how they felt with the rubber lines.... it's good to have something to compare to  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Re-Vision

Vadasz, Would like prices on painting tank and all plastic parts as well as separate price on painting full fairing.  Would you need a tank that is in good condition on the inside or is that something that glassing the bottom would take care of? Thanks,  BDC  

vadasz1

Bobby, I'll send you a PM with all the details.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) I removed the left side engine cover last night and removed the flywheel and gear drive.
The 46mm nut was loose, about 1/8", so that was torqued up and the two locking tabs were peened over.
I had a flywheel/starter clutch assembly ready on the bench (to save a wee bit of time) and with the gear installed, I located the unit back on to the shaft. The locking bolt and washer was installed and torqued up to the correct setting.
The stator is an oem one, which I know is charging right... ;)
The engine cover was replaced, using a new gasket, as well as using new Stainless Steel Socket head cap screws.
Clutch cable was reinstalled. A new oil filter was fitted and fresh 10w40 oil was poured in to the empty crankcase... 8)
The battery is fully charged...(she is sitting on a battery tender)...sooooooooo, ignition on, choke on, a couple of twists of the throttle and.......BOOM!!! she roared in to life....WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO, shes alive again 8) 8) 8)

No undue rattles, clunks or clanks coming off of this wee girl...she sounds really sweet with those "new" MAC's she now wears... 8)

A quick check for any leaks as she warmed up...nothing  8) The stator is putting out a healthy 14.3 volts 8)

I removed the worn out seat cover and recovered it with a grained, Burgundy leatherette material...which looks really good against the Star Silver paint work... 8)

The only negative is the headlight/gauge cluster lights don't function for some reason...Ah well...something for another day, I suppose... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

seabee

Quote from: Night Vision on November 01, 2009, 08:22:20 PM
Quote from: Tiger on October 31, 2009, 07:57:58 AM

Its now working as well as an '82 Vision front brake system will work, with the oem rubber brake line ::) :D :D :D :D... ;)

once you get the SS lines, after awhile you forget how they felt with the rubber lines.... it's good to have something to compare to  ;)

Any suggestions or helpful info. on where and how much i can get ss brake lines? thanks
***1982 Yamaha XZ 550 Vision***

Tiger

Quote from: seabee on November 11, 2009, 07:13:02 PM
Any suggestions or helpful info. on where and how much i can get ss brake lines? thanks

8) There ya go...

http://www.sumofallparts.net/product_results.aspx?keyword=Yamaha+Vision

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

seabee

Thanks very much Tiger! I'm ordering them right now.
***1982 Yamaha XZ 550 Vision***

Tiger

Quote from: seabee on November 12, 2009, 06:25:49 PM
Thanks very much Tiger! I'm ordering them right now.

8) Superb, they are a great upgrade buddy... 8)

Tiger

:) Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to figure out why the headlight and dash lights don't wanna work!!!

I tried changing the handle bar switches and idiot lights but to no avail ::)

Checked out the fuse holders/fuses that I put in...NOPE!!!

Changed out the bulbs, hey ya never no...but Noooooooo!!!

Even split the wire harness...but no visible breaks.....but I knew the fault was in there somewhere.....Grrrrr >:(

Finally, today, out of frustration I hauled out the whole wiring harness and installed one of my spare ones and.......VOILA!!!!!!!!!! 

Lights are all working properly YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

Well done buddy.Persistance pays off.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on November 29, 2009, 08:16:51 AM
Well done buddy.Persistence pays off.

:) As a Vision owner, Persistence is my middle name ::) :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:... ;)

She starts really well.......right off the button....... and seems to be running O.K. so I'm hoping to take her for a wee shake down run today...once the frost goes and the temp gets above zero!!!

Whoever buys this little lady is going to be a really happy owner....... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

I also went for a ride today.120 on the highway and loved every minute of it.

Tiger

:) Sadly, it p****d down with rain (and then later, freezing rain), sooooo we didn't get out... :(

8).......TIGER....... 8)

inanecathode

Quote from: kev10104 on November 29, 2009, 05:26:06 PM

kmph, right?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

Quote from: inanecathode on November 30, 2009, 12:13:56 PM
Quote from: kev10104 on November 29, 2009, 05:26:06 PM

kmph, right?

:) Correct.......120kph = 75mph.  Maximum highway speed here in Ontario is 100 kph or 62.5 mph...

kev10104

Apparently when I was riding with my father and my speedo cable came undone I was doing 155kms.A nice welcome to Ontario for him I think.

Tiger

:) This little lady is now ready and looking for a new home... 8) I have her up, (as of last night), on the Toronto Craig's List and the Ontario kijiji site.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

Well done buddy.Did you take her for a spin?

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on December 01, 2009, 07:11:00 PM
.Did you take her for a spin?

:) Sadly, no...and today at 5.35 a.m. I was shoveling snow off of our driveway!!!

8).......TIGER........ 8)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on December 01, 2009, 07:13:21 PM
:) Sadly, no...and today at 5.35 a.m. I was shoveling snow off of our driveway!!!

I would have been sleeping myself  ;D