News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

For Professor Rex:

Started by Lucky, October 23, 2006, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Rex,

Nearly a year ago, when my family & I were planning a move to Tn from RI, I got an email from Mark LeBlanc in  Opelousas, LA, who was a member of this board a while back, that he was giving me his Full fairing '82 Vision, as he had a new bike and simply wasn't riding it any more.  I had done the carbs on them & sent Mark a few parts. Mark felt that he wanted to give me the bike because he knew it would be taken care of.  A few attempts at retrieving the bike failed due to time limitations, etc.

With Marks Blessing I am now happy to announce that:

REX, Mark & I will be contacting you soon to make arrangements to deliver your New Vision, to use as you see fit!!

as originaly described to me in Marks initial letter:
Quote"It's been stored, not run, for about a year.  I have the original bodywork done in a silver marbleized paint, and it's wearing '83 european-logoed bodywork with frame mounted fairing.  New tires, but everything else is.....well, what it is.  Not crashed/trashed, valve adjustments done, and of course, your carb work.  Has Mac exhaust(pretty bad shape), no original exhaust, no battery."

Clear title is included.

As Mark noted, it's not in as pristine shape as your 83, but combined, you should be able to restore "The bionic Vision" to nearly it's previous state....

one other note, Mark has also offered to Deliver the bike to you!!

Send me a PM with your phone number, & heal fast & well Rex!!

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

WAY COOL!  Great to see that Rex will be able to make his own bionic upgraded 82!  Best news since we heard of the "incident".

Another example of just how great the people on this board truly are.  I actually got goosebumps reading the news.   ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ProfessorRex

Oh wow, I'm in tears.  Seriously.  I'm speachless.  I'm not a poet, I can't convey what this means to me.

(some combination of these:  :'(  :D  ;D  :o )

I had kinda bad (well lets say not good) news at the Dr. today.  The swelling isn't going down which may be a major problem, so they pushed my surgery date back another week, which is another week that I'm unable to move around, layin in bed with my foot elevated.  Plus they want me to try to wiggle my badly broken toes as much as I can stand to attempt to improve blood flow... etc... etc... Oh and there will be all kinds of metal sticking out of my foot for the first month so there goes my hope that I'd have a simple hard cast and be able to get back to somewhat normal life.

On the up side! I will heal, and probably will be able to run and play light sports within a year! (That means I can ride again within the year! Maybe by the 25th aniversary shindig!)

- Rex

(seriously though, if you tell anyone that I was crying, you'll totally trash my street cred  8) )

:::Update:::
I feel like Christmas morning
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Lucky

don't forget Rex, i need you to pm me your phone num.

--Lucky

Serendipity

stephenn

That's some serious karma....  I mean bikema... :)

Steve

Mutt

Quote from: Serendipity on October 23, 2006, 11:38:14 PM
Wow.....just wow.

Yea, you want see THAT on any other forums huh Serendipity?

Rex, I'm glad you'll be able to ride your V again! After I learned of your accident, I thought about how proud you were of your recent find in the posted culdesac picture. Looks like it'll happen again! Can't keep a good man or a good bike down!  :)

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

darkvision

To Lucky and Mark,  Awesome compasson and generosity. You guys are great!

Rex,  Sorry to hear of your serious injury and the loss of your " new " Vision. I hope and pray all goes well for you in your recovery. The pain of rehab is no fun but you have a lot of wonderful people pulling for you and a lot to forward to.
Best wishes,  Dark V

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

dminor

Now that's a true friend!
Good job Lucky. Good luck PREX. Happy riding.
Don ;D

MotorPlow

Out Freakin' Standing!
I just found out about the accident and was getting ready to post, asking what you might need to repair and I saw the bike donation.... Now I am crying.

Mend yourself quickly. I gotta make phone calls and see if my starter is rebuilt yet. I have to go for a ride in honor of this great forum.

~MotorPlow (In Awe)

ps2/bikevision

wow! lucky you are now the "Vision God" -you bestow life onto another visionary.

on a fzr forum i go to they all donated a bunch of parts and a little cash to this member who had to sell her bike. but a whole bike is way more than i thought someone would do.

this just makes me even more proud to own a vision.

hfarley

Wow Rex! I had just sent you an email and then clicked back to the board to read this. I guess my offer won't be needed. I still say that you guys/gals here are the greatest! Now if that isn't motivation to heal quickly I don't know what is.

-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

Lucky,

I had to read and reread that post several times.  You are full of generosity.  In your giving the bike to rex and for the knowlege that you share with your fellow Visionary's.  I know how much the road trip to N.O. meant to you when you got here and that you were a bit disappointed when we couldn't go, so I know what it means to you to give up the bike for Rex.  That is truly a special gift!  Hats off to you my friend, you're a great guy!  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Lucky gets my vote for "Visionary of the Year"!

Motorplow a close second!  :)

Mutt :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Lucky

Tiger

8)...SUPERB...This is what "The Family" is all about... 8)

;).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

smknjoe1964

Speedy recovery to you P Rex ! I was slamed by a car about 4 years ago I really know it sucks !!! GLad to know you were smart enuff to have some protection ! It really makes me proud to be able to say I belong to this board !!! Glad to know that theres people on this furom like Lucky that truely cares about his fellow visionairies !!! Being here in Kansas I know its not likely , still I wish for a day we could all join together in the wind !!! 

Lucky

Ok Rex,
I've forwarded Your info to Mark, & he'll be getting in touch with you.

For the Forum members, i've told them that my only stipulation in this deal is that i want lots of pictures posted.  so y'all stop drooling over his 83 parts.

I suppose there is a lesson to be learned here Rex, there's no such thing as aquiring a Vision that doesn't need anything done to it, if there is such a creature, it'll make sure you have some wrenching to do, one way or the other...  lol

--Lucky