Looks like Denver Winter is Going down Swinging

Started by kwells, March 25, 2009, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Supposed to get 8-15 inches starting tonight.  Probably won't be doing any riding this weekend.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Walt_M.

And that is why I don't miss living in the north. If I never see snow again it will be too soon.
Whale oil beef hooked!

kwells

walt,
You just gotta roll with the punches...
I covered the Red V last night under my carport.
Today I may make the 4WD ride up to the mtns in this storm to hit Winter Park Ski Resort for some late season snowboarding.  Still waiting to hear if the office is going to close for the day.

www.wellsmoto.com

Walt_M.

I rolled for 34 yrs, moved to Fl. for the job and didn't realize how much I hated snow until I didn't have to shovel it any more. I have seen snow maybe twice in the 26 yrs since and it wasn't enough to shovel.
Whale oil beef hooked!

inanecathode

Snows over, 5-9 inches.

About, maybe, 10 up here.

So much for march death blizzard 2009, god i hate the local news some times.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

I don't mind the snow , its the bone chilling cold I don't miss.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on March 27, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
I don't mind the snow , its the bone chilling cold I don't miss.

:) Hot snow is called a bath Rick :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

we got about 15 inches ...I'd say that qualifies as a march blizzard

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Naw, blizzards need heavy winds, one component short of a blizzard i fear.

kwells

well....it was blowing sideways here.  Glad it as a dusting for you guys.   

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Man, its melting FAST up here too, about 25% of the driveway is already clear (wet).

kwells

yah...asphault is melting fast...some really deep slush on some side roads......2wd cars are stuck all over the place.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Lol well, its not a secret it snows in colorado.

Rick G

Tiger, I wasn't thinking of hot snow ! ;D ;D ;D but it will snow at 32 deg. but many nights I had to do an emergency service call  and it was 25 below F. or worse . Snow can be fun , if you have a snow blower and a sled and its only 25 F. above. :D :D ;)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

Woke up to Round 2 of Spring snows....was 70 degrees yesterday.

www.wellsmoto.com

rhpaw

Yeah.... a blizzard isn't so bad when it all melts in two days and you go riding sunday (65 degrees), only to get wake up to more snow Monday morning.

The roads are clear now, if I wanted to ride around I could.

Gotta love it.
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor

kwells

;D
haha...63 degrees today...

except another winter storm moves in tonight and will drop about a foot of snow. 

Looks like this weekend will be spent snowboarding and not on 2 wheels.

www.wellsmoto.com

sapienwaste

Oh hey? Is this the whine about colorado weather thread?

I'm IN. So very tired of the snow. Looks like it might finally be over, getting rain in Boulder tonight...
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere.

kwells

I don't mind the snow since I have a season pass to WP but I keep getting duped.

www.wellsmoto.com

rhpaw

I've been trying top get out for a ride all week.. No luck. It's been great too.
Heck, I was scheeming about how to do a run last night after the kids went to bed, but my wife had me boxed into the back of the garage.

It's even nice today.. no rain yet. Still crap on the roads though.
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor