News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Did a couple GREAT rides this weekend

Started by kwells, April 16, 2007, 07:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Did the same ride 2 times, once by myself and once with a pillion.  Saturday it was about 65 and I was itching to get out and find some curves.  So I took off from Lakewood and headed toward Evergreen from there I headed toward Conifer.  There was a mildly annoying amount of cage traffic but I managed to get around the slow-pokes quite easily on some short straights.  Once I got to Conifer I turned around and did the same ride in reverse until I got back to Evergreen.  Once there, I went toward I-70 by way of a 4 lane fast moving road. There were some fast wide sweepers coming up to the on-ramp but otherwise was a fairly boring road.  I went East on I-70 and after a quick jaunt to 110 I got off at the Gennessee exit ramp and took the windy path that runs on the north side of the expressway.  After about 4 miles I turned left to head up to the Lookout Mtn. perched topside.  My adrenalin started pumping as the sweepers down low began to metamorphosis into hilly decreasing radius switchbacks and 90 degree turns.  I stopped up at the Lookout Mtn parking lot just to check my oil level.  Once I was satisfied I continued down.  Going down is even more exhilarating than up though.  Now that I was trusting my new back tire more I was finding myself leaning it all the way to edge on what I term the 'corkscrew' turns that have a significant drop on a sharp 90 degree turn.  Once I got to the bottom I didnt want to just head back so I headed North on 93 toward Boulder. The road is somewhat boring but I got an opportunity to race a bit with a ZRX and a GSXR on the straights coming back into Lakewood.  The next day i did the same ride but with my girlfriend on the back.  I hardly even noticed her on the back and was pushing almost as hard as the previous day.  What a great weekend for some mtn riding!
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Wheres about do you live sir? If you don't mind me asking, that area is around my neck of the woods.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Lookout Mountain is quite a road.  I haven't been on it since the early 80s (pre street bike days).  Did you stop to see Buffalo Bill Cody's grave up there?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

Inancathode I live in Lakewood (western Denver).  I stopped at the buffalo bill parking lot but didnt wander around much....been up there before.  Mostly wanted to hit the curves. Once you get your bike together we will definitely do some riding. 

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Quote from: kwells on April 16, 2007, 10:45:36 PM
Inancathode I live in Lakewood (western Denver).  I stopped at the buffalo bill parking lot but didnt wander around much....been up there before.  Mostly wanted to hit the curves. Once you get your bike together we will definitely do some riding. 

Righteous dude! Perchance you, h2o and I will have a mini rov meet soon :D
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

VisionMeister

Loks and sounds like great riding area.
Is this close to where the 25 year meet will be?

kwells

For the most part it is nearby but would take maybe close to an hour to get to this ride.  I would highly suggest it for anyone but Im sure there is some equally great riding around the Winter Park area that H20 has in store for us.  I am pretty new to the area so I havent had a chance to test the waters near there except for in my car on the way to WP.  There are some great turns coming on Rt. 40 coming from I-70 but they were always spoiled with snow/sand when I came through (oh yeah i was on 4 wheels too). 

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

The ride could be worked in to the celebration.  It's not far from one of the planned rides - which are all open to change / alteration.

It is getting kind of close to the Denver metro area but still just far enough that traffic isn't too bad.

I'll be putting together maps of the planned rides & posting them sometime in early May.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.