News:

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by kreinke, September 17, 2003, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreinke

Hello Vision owners from The Dairy State.

Friday I am bringing home a 1982 Vision in almost mint condition with 6000 miles for my wife to learn how to ride on.  I didn't even know such a bike ever existed until I was offered a sweet deal on this one.

What a great little bike!  There's no doubt in my mind with the renaissance of 'streetfighter' bikes today that if Yamaha would offer this same bike again with FI they would fly off the showroom floor faster than you can say SV650 or Monster620!

As for my bike I've got my BMW F650CS which I love.  The Vision handles much the same in the little I test drove it. here's a picture of me and the F-bike for you guys to look at.

Dave T.

Nice to see you! Welcome.

I am thinking like you are. If Yamaha came out with an equivelant to to SV650S I would buy it in a heartbeat!! I don't understand why they will not come out with a sportbike V-twin. I think they should do the same as Suzuki, and make a high performance V-twin 650 an 1000 cc motorcycle. I just need something different than a standard R6 or R1. They are just TOO fast. I could get an FZ-1, but they are TOO fast also. I get into trouble with police officers and would probably crash.

Ducati's are too expensive, too slow, and are very demanding as far as maintenance. SV's are too popular. I just like Yamaha.

I guess we should just petition Yamaha for a V-twin Sport-tourer, or sportbike!! :)
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Walt_M.

That's why I got rid of my FZ750, I was going to get killed or lose my license, neither of which was very appealing. And, compared to what is available today, it was slow! Long live my Vision!
Whale oil beef hooked!