News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Another Vision Resurection

Started by CH3NO2, May 12, 2003, 05:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH3NO2

Some of you may have seen a few of my posts asking for help and advice. I have been reviving my Vision from the dead. I have owned it for 10 years, and have only driven it about 200 miles. It is an '82. It sat for most of the ten years while I got married and started a business that ate 65 to 90 hours a week of my time. Now that the business is gone I have a little more time to get the "V" going again. It's amazing what happens to a bike when it sits. It so far has gotten....New Exhaust (ok used). New paint on the '83 fairing, new speedo cluster, new speedo cable, new wheel bearings, replaced the carbs, airbox and manifolds, 2 relays, seat cover, tank treated, new petcock, new battery, new tires, clutch cable, fork seals, windshield, and I will be rebuilding the Master cylinder and caliper. It has not even been started yet, so I'm sure there will be more. I also have to do a few of the typical Vision things like soldering the stator connections. All this on a bike that was running perfectly (except for the vision stumble) when it was parked. I figure I could have bought a nice running one with all I have spent, but then it wouldn't be MY Vision. Thanks for all the help so far...I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Al

Cdnlouie

Try to get a website set up so you can share some pics.  It is always interesting to see the creativity of Vision owners.

Congratulations on a great job,

Louie   :D