News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Riding from Mexico to NY on my Vision

Started by artbone, June 02, 2011, 08:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artbone

I'm going to be riding my 83 Vision from Central Mexico, up through Texas,Ark.,Mo, with a stop for a few days in Indy, then to Pittsberg and finally to eastern upstate NY. Just wondered if anyone would be interested in meeting up along the way for a cup of coffee, a beer, or even dinner. If anyone expresses an interest I'll post my email address.
I'd love to meet some others who share my obsession with these motorcycles. I've owned mine for 25 year and I've never met another owner except the guy who sold it to me.
I have an 82 that I got a few years after the 83 and I never met the guy who owned it. His mother told him to get it out of her garage and when I went to look at it she gave me the title, took the money, and I hauled it away.
Anyway, I'm a very good conversationalist and have stories to tell. Let me hear from you.

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Re-Vision

Would like to meet you Art, I'm in a small town North West of Ft. Worth. Can be contacted at bobbydcrabb1@yahoo.com or 817-371-9477.  BDC

mdskinner731

may i ask where your final destination in ny is??  im sure we could meet up at some point here in the "ohh so great" new york state... keep us posted along the way!!!   wish you good luck and a trouble-less journey!!!!
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

QBS

I'm in Houston and would love to meet you.  When did you plan on making this journey?

1qbs@sbcglobal.net

Night Vision

what's your time frame as far as arriving in New Yawk?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

artbone

I'm leaving in early July. I haven't decided on a date yet but I have to be in Catskill NY on the 18th through the 23rd. I'm going to a Norton rally there. I haven't decided yet if I want to ride a Norton or my Vision. I haven't had the Vision out for a long ride in a few years so this would be a good time to give it some exercise. On a trip like this on an old bike I like to ride about 250 or 300 miles a day and take lots of rest stops and visit folks.

I rode my 69 Norton from here to Lumby British Columbia last year (3500 miles one way) and won the long distance rider award but I don't ride to win awards. I just want to have a fun ride on something different. It's always fun to stop for gas and have people ask "What IS that?"

I am planning to stop in the Ft. Worth area on the way up. My friend Phil Dansby runs the Up in Smoke Barbecue between Ft. Worth and Dallas and I always stop for some free barbecue. I'll also probably stop in the Houston area on the way home. I have a friend there who was injured in a racing accident 2 years ago and I want to see what progress he's made.

I'll keep looking at the forum and let you all know my plans and progress in the fullness of time.

Art Bone
artbone1@yahoo.com

Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Night Vision

Syracuse is a tad north of the catskills.... but I should be around the beginning of the week of July 18 if you decide to take a swing up.  I have other commitments later that week.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

QBS

artbone, FYI, The finest motorcycle museum in the USA, and in all probability the world, is located 10 miles east of Birmingham Alabama.

munkyfistfight

If you're stopping in Pittsburgh feel free to say hi. I'm always down for a beer.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

Kiwi

Let me know when your going to that BBQ place in fortworth, i'll swing by :)
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox