I've got an '83...PAINTED...Up-date

Started by Tiger, December 09, 2006, 02:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

eeeyup... figured that was coming  :D

I had to wait until I came up with a name for her  ;D

Here's Tiger's sweet new CandyCane  ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

NewVisionGuy

WOW!!!  looking at that bike,  I'm  starting to like the Full-Fairing'd  look.   Ouch...  I can't afford to gather the parts...  Kevin, you think you could open up a business  manufacturing the fairing mounts?   8)

Coil Coyle

The DID sticker even matches! Is it chain drive?

Tiger,
        A white Maple leaf is what the tail piece needs.

Nice find.
;)
Coil

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on December 15, 2006, 08:27:52 AM
eeeyup... figured that was coming  :D

I had to wait until I came up with a name for her  ;D

Here's Tiger's sweet new CandyCane  ::)

;) Thanks N_V, I kinda figured you would be the one to post for me... 8) Hmmmm...CandyCane... :-\

:-\.......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Superfly

I have always liked that red/white Vision.
Nice find.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on December 15, 2006, 06:08:55 PM
Hmmmm...CandyCane... :-\

What ??? you don't like the nickname? ???

also rans:

"TheCanadian"
"NorthPole"
"BarberShopSpecial"
"Red On Rice"

I polled myself and "CandyCane" was the top pick   ;D

"TheCandian" was a close second, but if someone heard you say "I'm gonna hop on TheCandian for a quick ride" they might misinterpret your intensions....

on the other hand, hoppin' on a cane or pole might not be too good either  :o

boy...naming "Panther" was way easier

;D

louthepou

Yeepeedoo da day yippee dee doo, another V saved from scrapyard duty...

Right on Tiger!!!

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

YellowJacket!

Beautiful find Tiger.  Its the Canadian Candy Cane ;D  or Triple "C"

How about "White Tiger"?

;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:) Well, last night, I decided to inform the wife... :o I'm pleased to tell you all that ALL my body part's are intact...nothing missing, broken, bruised or burst... ;D :D... ;) I have a very understanding woman behind me...don't I dear!!! I understand every thing she say's...may not carry out, but understand... ;)

However, as I only have a single garage which houses 2 x '82 Vision's (The Mistress & Black Panther) and my Ski-doo snowmobile, I will have to finish the "Black Panther" project and sell her on to another new home that will take good care of her, before I can bring home "The Canadian" for restoration... ;)

I really appreciate all the positive response...I love the red & white colour's.

DaveTN...The White Tiger project is for another day/Vision... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on December 15, 2006, 08:37:55 AM
The DID sticker even matches! Is it chain drive?...Yer, chained to my wallet...or should that read heart!!!
Tiger,
        A white Maple leaf is what the tail piece needs.......Sorry Coyle, uhuh to white...The paint has peeled a wee bit, so I may just have to have it redone as our Canadian flag... 8)

Nice find... ;)...There are plenty more where she came from, I'm sure... ;D :D ;)...Just gotta keep looking... 8)Coil

ps2/bikevision

dang i leave to board for a few days and tiger snags another vision. ggggggggrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaattttt find tiger. :D  ;D

Tiger

8) Well, today I picked up "The Canadian", my red/white '83 Vision. I will keep you up-dated on her restoration progress, which will start in a few week's time. All the plastic's have to come off, along with the gas tank, and go down to the paint shop. I intend to keep her in the original red/white colour's... 8) I can then attend to the mechanical/electrical side. She is totally complete...Not a thing missing. At first glance, as I loaded her onto the trailer, from the wrecker's... :o The fuse box has already been up-graded, she need's a new battery and the tire's are shot. I may have to replace the windshield, although it isn't cracked/broken...just yellowed. I may try to polish it up or "tint" her black...we'll see. The clutch seems to work fine as do the brake's...as I say, I will keep you all posted over the coming month's... 8)
Why the hell am I sitting here smiling like an idiot when "The Black Panther" needs finishing before I start again...Ah well.....Its only time and money !!!  ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)

ps2/bikevision

hey tiger, dont trash that windshield. some one on here wetsanded theres and got all the yellow out. i cant remember who but they did it like they were ploishing it. it looked really good.

Night Vision

yay! I bet that's a relief just to get her home...

hope you still have some luck left and find out someone upgrade the steering stem bearings too!
;D

Tiger

Quote from: ps2 on February 24, 2007, 01:27:06 PM
hey tiger, don't trash that windshield. some one on here wetsanded theres and got all the yellow out. i cant remember who but they did it like they were polishing it. it looked really good.
I won't trash the windshield. I know I can revive it...along with the rest of her ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on February 24, 2007, 05:08:56 PM
yay! I bet that's a relief just to get her home...

hope you still have some luck left and find out someone upgrade the steering stem bearings too!
;D Yer man, pleased as s**t to get her home...Steering stem upgrade would be nice ;D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on December 11, 2006, 07:16:22 AM
when i got my Vision it was red, & I found a spot (don't remember exactly where, but i think it was a side cover) where you could see it wasn't faded, so your red may need sprucing up :)

:) Went to see the guy who is going to re-paint "The Canadian" to-day...He is a customer of mine and has an auto body shop but wants to get into doing bike's... 8) Sooooo, we struck a "deal" that means I end up getting a fresh paint job done and he gets to sign his work on the plastic rail that runs underneath the seat... 8) She WILL stay in her original colour's of RED 'N WHITE, however, she will, like "The Mistress, be done in custom pearl finish to give her a more modern look 8) 8) 8)

I have already started buying some bit's 'n piece's... ::) Steering head bearing's, oil's, filter's, coolant, digital volt meter, cigarette lighter sorry, power outlet  ;)..Here we go, again :o ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

h2olawyer

Glad you've got an understanding wife but how jealous will The Mistress be when you start spending all that time with another bike?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 16, 2007, 08:01:41 PM
...how jealous will The Mistress be when you start spending all that time with another bike?

H2O

:o Shhhhhhhh, not so loud, pleeeeease ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tiger

8) Shes off the trailer and now sitting alongside "The Mistress" in a nice warm garage 8)

I hooked up a battery and she turns over fine...Now the fun begins, again ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER...... 8)