And now there are 2

Started by zore, March 26, 2009, 09:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

After 2 years and 22000 miles and 2 crash repaires, I've had to let my baby go.  Made a deal with the devil (my wife), that if thinned out my fleet of bikes, I could get a car.

So I thought about it for a while.  2 deer hits in 2 years and a ride in an ambulance sucked.  I have 2 kids etc bla bla... in the end commuting on the bike doesn't seem like such a good idea.  So I put the bike up for sale at a figure that I thought would be a tough sell.  I listed everything that was wrong with it in full detail and explained what I repaired.  I had a few offers of 2k and 3k and said no no and no.  Finally I had 2 offers with the figure I wanted and one went thru.

So they picked the bike up 2 days ago and I did get  a little misty eyed.  I really did like that bike but in the end, I guess I really don't need 3.   
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

don_vanecek

Zore, your not telling us which baby you let go although I assume you mean the Vision. Speaking for myself I do want you to know you have influenced my own use of protective gear and I have sure enjoyed your articles and pictures!

zore

I sure did miss that one.  No, not the xz.  I got rid of my triumph 675.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

don_vanecek

I must admit when you started talking about getting 3k plus for the bike I was having a hard time thinking you sold off the Vision-but I figured what do I know, maybe the market for bikes in your area is really hot!

So what kind of cage did you get to commute in?  I also had a few relatives (but surprisingly not my wife) who thought I was pretty crazy back in the 80's riding a MC and having several children around. I think my one son in law who used the V to get his MC endorsement has since stayed away from bikes due to the little kids-maybe just as well. My other son in law has this like 84 454 Kaw that has now sat for 4 or 5 years, we all sort of wish he would just dump it and get something else, I don't think he will ever get to it nor do I think he realizes how much work it is going to be to get that sucker back in to riding shape!

zore

I don't think i'll quit riding totally, but I'm not going to be doing 25000+ miles a year like i was.  Just too risky at this point.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900