Valuable information on the site

Started by YellowJacket!, July 11, 2009, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

For years I have had the ROV FORUMS bookmarked.  Last monthe when the site went down and Ron chnged over to a new hosting company, I bookmarked the general ROV site.  My have I forgotten about all the jewels of info the Ron has cataloged in the technical section of the site.
If you are looking for carb diagrams, wiring diagrams, fault finding charts, progressive spring info, etc, then check out the "technical" link in the link bar at the top of the page.
Some fo the newbies on the site may also want to head on over to the gallery to see some of the older bikes.  I don't think Ron has added any bikes to the gallery since I joined almost 5 years ago.

Check out this jewel about fork tuning for instance: http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/fork_stiction_tuning.htm

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

funkamongus

WOW,, sounds interesting... Ive looked through the tech link before but mustve missed that.. I should look again..
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

admin

Quote from: YellowJacket! on July 11, 2009, 11:07:25 PM
For years I have had the ROV FORUMS bookmarked.  Last monthe when the site went down and Ron chnged over to a new hosting company, I bookmarked the general ROV site.  My have I forgotten about all the jewels of info the Ron has cataloged in the technical section of the site.
If you are looking for carb diagrams, wiring diagrams, fault finding charts, progressive spring info, etc, then check out the "technical" link in the link bar at the top of the page.
Some fo the newbies on the site may also want to head on over to the gallery to see some of the older bikes.  I don't think Ron has added any bikes to the gallery since I joined almost 5 years ago.

Check out this jewel about fork tuning for instance: http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/fork_stiction_tuning.htm

David

well actually 5 years is a bit of an exaggeration. it is however almost going on 3 years.

At the time we had no more space to host the pictures.
we have a decent amount of disk space now, so if you want your bike added to the gallery,
please send them in.

in other notes, a few of the links are still broken and will be updated in the coming weeks.
the parts catalog is toast, so that will be getting redone also, I'm thinking about adding to to the regular forum as a board.  any thoughts ?

-Ron

ps
Now that we have some available space, picture attachments are again enabled in posts.

Cdnlouie

FYI fellows, the article referred to is for a Vmax or Venture which has the bushings and the Vision does not, so there is not much you can do in that department except align the tubes for binding and polish the fork tubes with a buffer to smooth out the chrome.

Also polishing the springs (outside edge) is very helpful as they bind on the inside when compressing.  I have not found a way to smooth out the inside of the tubes but that would be helpful too.  A super slick fork oil is another welcome addition.  Tuning the forks to work with a lighter oil will help with overall performance (Ie. stiction issues) but that involves adding items like cartridge emulators (which are very nice).

It is amazing  ;D when you get the front suspension working well as it affects the whole bike performance and feel.  A lot of work, but very worthwhile for the perfectionist with lots of time on his hands.

funkamongus

The stiction tuning article was GREAT!!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!