News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Newbie here.

Started by Yeti, September 13, 2010, 12:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

New here, just saying high. My GF picked up a 1982 with only 3,900 miles on it last year as her very first bike. I think I love it more then she does. :D

But she had a little spill on the bike [she's fine] that I'm trying to take care of in the tech forum. :'(

Before the get off.

After the get off but I'll spare you the pictures of the tank. :'(

Abide.

Porpoise_of_doom

ouch... that's brutal yeti! welcome to the forum, if anyone can help u get that beast sorted, its the guys on this forum. there's no shortage of expert advice here i've found in my few months here. good luck !

Currently 2x XZ550 1982
Honda XR250 x2
Honda XR500R and XL500R
Yamaha LB80, DT80 and YZ80
Kawasaki MT1
Past bikes:
83 XJ750 (my first real love, miss her dearly)
3x Honda XL175 (I want another!)
Honda XR500
Kawasaki G4TRC
Yamaha QT50 and Suzuki U70 as a kid

mraudi

Welcome. I just got a Vision too. Sat for 12 years. I rode it Sat and while turning around on gravel the front tire locked up. Looks like some brake work is in order. I broke my LF turn lens and scratched the upper fairing all to hell. The bike survived 28 yrs without a scratch and i have it for a week and it's all banged up. Anyway, good luck with yours!

fret not

You can probably find a set of gauges on eBay but they will be as old as the ones you just trashed.  There is the possibility of the Vapor unit from TrailTech, like Treedragon is using.  Pretty universal unit and not too spendy.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Brian Moffet

Also do a search in the archives for the system that David (YellowJoacket) is using.  Looks pretty nice.

Mike Jacobs

Quote from: Yeti on September 13, 2010, 12:56:17 AM
New here, just saying high. My GF picked up a 1982 with only 3,900 miles on it last year as her very first bike. I think I love it more then she does. :D

That's probably okay with her as long as you don't love the bike more than you do _her_...  8*)

QuoteBut she had a little spill on the bike [she's fine] that I'm trying to take care of in the tech forum. :'(

Bummer.   Glad she's okay.   Bikes can be fixed, and don't bleed.

Also take care of that rear-brake tension-bar mounting bolt thingie before you or she ride it again, okay?   See Lucky's sticky-post in the Tech forum.   Hate to see one of you have another spill on the heels of this one, and if those bolts fail, it could be disastrous for bike or rider.

QuoteBefore the get off.

I love that World's Largest Soup Kettle.  Where is that exactly?

Nice luggage rack on the Vision, too.   I've been looking for one like that.

Anyway, welcome aboard, and good luck with the repairs.
Mike Jacobs
Columbia, MD
1985 Honda VF700S Sabre
1984 Moto Guzzi V65SP
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision US
1978 Suzuki GS550 standard
1996 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja