5 (33.3%)
Midweek
3 (20%)
No Preference
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 11, 2006, 03:58:08 PM

h2olawyer

What is easier for most of you planning to attend - Start on a mid-week day (Tue, Wed, Thu - running the next 7 days) or weekend, running from Sunday through the following Saturday?  Early / late arrivals &/or departures are welcome.  Events & organized rides will be held on the middle 5 days.  The object of this is to schedule the celebration so as many as possible may attend.

Dates chosen:

Weekend: June 17 - 23
Mid-week: June 12 / 13 or 14 to start, ending June 18 / 19 or 20

Poll will be active for 10 days.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

It should span a weekend. Traveling on a weekend is usually harder along the interstate system. Besides, we have to spend a weekend partying, right?

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

h2olawyer

My main consideration was how most people could easily arrange their time off.  As long as everyone's together, the party will be ongoing.  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

h2olawyer

Bump - just in case some more want to vote & haven't seen the poll!

H2O

Night Vision

I just saw the poll... 12 voters
half way there!!!

I'm sorry to say this, and I guess maybe I'm the first one to admit....
.... I will not be able to attend  :'(

too many reasons  >:( but the main reason is that it's...
too close to my
too many year wedding anniversary

maybe I should have bought that brand new V instead of getting married.....
what was I thinking?   :o ... oh yeah, now I remember  ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Coil Coyle

H2O,

Jackson County ROV are coming. One or more Visions, two or more people. Any time of the week. Maintenance all ways works any normal day off so it just doesn't matter, I'll just have to take the time off, without regard.

;)
Coil

Blake

I'm really going to try to make it, but it might be very hard for me.  I'll be graduating (first time) in may, but will be taking classes all summer to finish up my other degree by next year, and its pretty fast paced in those times.  maybe i'll have to take the summer of..haha

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

h2olawyer

Glad to hear from the probables - so far.  Sorry Night Vision & others that can't make it.  Maybe we should think about having a more de-centralized 25 year celebration in 2008 to honor the 83s!  Just 3 more days for those of you seriously planning to attend to get your vote in.  Will be contacting the property management folks on the 11th or 12th to begin finalizing details & choosing properties.  Start letting me know of your preferred lodging - if you want to share condos, if you have condo sharing arrangements, that sort of stuff.  I'll need to reserve several condos & want to know how many 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom & 3 bedroom units we require.

So far, it looks like a Sunday start & Saturday finish, June 17 - 23.  Get busy on that Winter maintenance!

H2O

Tiger

:'( Just a wee note to confirm that I will not be able to attend this "Historic" event. I have my daughter and grandaughter coming over from England, around the same time,  for a couple of week's...first time together in nearly 11 year's... 8) and then my son, daughter-in-law and grandaughter are coming a couple of week's after... 8) 8) I will be with you in "Spirit"... ;)

Well done on pulling this all together h2o...it is a hell of a lot of work trying to organise such an event... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

BUMP

Sorry to hear you won't be here in June, Tiger.   :'(  Your presence will be missed.  I may be able to post daily photos & video for everyone who isn't here to enjoy - or envy.

Reminder - poll closes Monday, December 11 @1:58 PM (MST).  So far, it looks like a Sunday start & Saturday finish.

H2O

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on December 10, 2006, 11:34:58 PM
Sorry to hear you won't be here in June, Tiger.   :'(  Your presence will be missed. 

I may be able to post daily photos & video for everyone who isn't here to enjoy - or envy.

H2O

:)...Thanks h2o, I would obviously love to be there to meet every-one. It will be a great time had by ALL, I'm sure. You are doing a tremendous  job in pulling this all together and I hope every body appreciates this. Posting up-date's & pictures/video's would be a great up-lift for those of us who will not be there.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

By a slim margin, we have a firm set of dates for the big party!

The shindig begins Sunday, June 17, 2007 and ends Saturday, June 23,2007.

The organized rides and other events (to be determined) will happen Monday through Friday.  If you arrive early - on Saturday the 16th or during the day on Sunday, there are plenty of things to keep you entertained.  Also, if you want to stay after the formal event ends on Saturday and enjoy other things Colorado has to offer (or elsewhere in the  Rocky Mountain region), feel free to ask me about some of the more 'out of the way' places to see.

I'll have info on deposits to hold condos sometime in the next couple weeks - it may be after the start of the new year.

Please send me an email or PM to let me know if you are planning to attend, how many will be in your party & how confident you are that you will make it.  Time to get numbers together so I can reserve the condos!

H2O

don_vanecek

H2O, just to clarify, the formal event (that you will be reserving the condos for) will be Sunday night though Friday night-or a total of six nights. So if I'm thinking this right a person would be on their own for any other nights (unless special arrangements were made before hand). 

I just wanted to clarify this as having these full condos (and the associated cost splits) is what makes this trip possible (speaking for myself anyway).

Thanks

h2olawyer

Don -

The plan is for 6 nights - Sunday through Friday.  If there's enough interest, more nights can be added at either end.  You have it correct.   ;D

H2O

visionless

Just a Bump Up for Visionmeister.
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

h2olawyer

I am finalizing details for lodging costs & deposits.  Should have something by next week.  They're great to deal with - just slow.  I write in e-mail & they reply with snail mail.   ::)

I NEED to know who is attending.  Please e-mail or PM me.  Easier than going through the posts.  If you are not sure, but plan on trying to attend, let me know that as well.  Also, I need to know how many will be in your groups & if you have any preferences for lodging - 1 BR, 2 BR, preferred lodging mates, etc.

glennw

Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Still awaiting reply from property management company regarding deposit amount & some pricing details.  The dates are set in stone - even if I have to find another location (unlikely but possible).

H2O

glennw

Thanks.. I just don't want to miss out because of a deposit !
GlennW
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Not to worry - deposit info will be posted as soon as I have it nailed down.   ;D

H2O