News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

A numbnut in this weather.......

Started by vadasz1, March 03, 2009, 09:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

On my drive home from work I saw some guy on a Victory bike.  He was all dressed to the nines.  Nine farenheit that is.  He had snowpants and a downfilled winterjacket, probably snowmobile gear.  Also had winter gloves and a double sheilded visor  on his full face helmet.  Looked pretty warm to me, except that he was wearing running shoes.  You would have thought that after wearing all that warm clothing he would have atleast worn some insulated workboots.  The temperature at the time was -4 celcius (26 farenheit).  So I hope none of you will complain when the weather is too cold to ride as some people have done so up here in the frozen north.

BTW akvision, is there anybody riding a bike right now in Alaska?
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

akvision

of course,
just a couple of hours ago some guy went by on a bike that looked like a super V.  I was a twin with shaft drive and a Yamaha with the big scoop on the right side..some kind of super muscle bike like a Virago or some model.

Well you know this is Southeast Alaska (the banana belt) it was about 40 degrees F and not raining.  He blasted by, just a light flapping jacket, no gloves or helmet.  Just cool glasses. 

You can cruise Ketchikan's roads in about an hour.  He came back the other way about 10 min later.  All I have to ride here the at this time is a 18 speed peddler. 

So, I guess we have some nuts here too.

akV
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

vadasz1

That my friend would be the famous 'VMax' of Yamaha breed noless.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Rick G

That's a Vmax !! sometimes called, Double Vision!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

akvision

i tried to wave the guy down but he was going too fast, in a  transition 30mph to 45mph zone.  Looked and sounded cool.
maybe next time.
akV
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska