News:

Main Menu

Great Progress

Started by Blurred Vision, May 28, 2010, 11:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurred Vision

For the past couple weeks I have been diligently working away at bringing my visions paint job back to life. Among many other cosmetic and mechanical repairs lol. So I thought id throw up a few pics and see what you guys think.
I should mention that I still need to do the clearcoat, although it looks brown it is actually a very rich metallic bronze.

Cheers, the elusive and reclusive Blurred Vision ;D
Jay

vadasz1

I see a Flaming Vision in your near future.  8)

That is going to be one HOT ride.  8)

"Holy Euro Flames, Batman!"  8)

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself today....8)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Blurred Vision

No sorries, i have always had a flaming vision lol.
Jay

ShaneSpring

That is one nice looking bike, can't wait to see it all done

Blurred Vision

I can't wait either, its been days of humid non paint freindly weather, im finally doing the clear coat in the cool, dry basement. I will be sure to put up lots of finished pictures, i have a rather unique dual headlight setup on the front.
Jay

Rikugun

Looks good and I'm very curious to see the finished product with the dual headlights.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Tiger

8) Looking good Jay, looking real good... 8) Let me know when your ready to take her out for a shake down run buddy... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Blurred Vision

Heres a pic of the front end after a quick mock assembly.
Jay

vadasz1

Hey Jay, your front fender is kinda crooked.....8)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Blurred Vision

Wasnt quite done with it yet just set it on there
Jay

Blurred Vision

Today she goes back together!! its been a gruelling paintjob but today she is ready to be reassembled and photographed. I will definately post them later.
I also had the pleasure of test driving a 2010 v star 950, wow what a fun time i had with that thing lol. Its definatley on the wish list now hehe.
Jay