News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Drikk14, August 04, 2012, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drikk14

I never posted this so figured I'd do it now with an update on my V. My name is Ben I live in Maine and am in my mid 30's. I am an Army Veteran spent 7 years in 3 in Hawaii and 4 in Kentucky. Used to spend all my time playing computer games but upon the purchase of my V I now spend most of my time finding things to clean or repair. I start school at the end of this month for precision machine tool technology. Hopefully I will get to do some projects at school that I can use on my bike.

I fell in love with the V from the moment I saw her and can't wait to get her up and running again. I have completed installing and peening over the longer bolts for the starter clutch and received my  starter rebuild kit and that is all set and ready to back on the bike. Currently waiting for more parts and while I wait for them I have been pulling more and more stuff off. Already found I need a new speedo cable as the old one was electrical taped together on the back of the gauges. On removal of the headlight I uncovered about 50 feet of excess wire and undone connections. My headlight brackets were fabbed out of an old shelf bracket and the brake lever was broke down around the handlebars. Slowly picking apart at things as I wait for more money or parts to come in LOL. I need to dig out the wife's camera to take some pictures as I go. I'm sure I'll talk to you all again soon.
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

QBS

Where in Maine are you?

Rikugun

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you're making good progress on some of the "must do" Vision repairs.  :)  Keep us posted and definitely share some pics.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Drikk14

I am in the Western Mountains about 40 mins North of Lewiston/Auburn.

QBS

I will be in the Rockland area beginning in early Sept.  Perhaps we could meet.  What is your email add.?

Drikk14

Just sent a PM  :)