SPRING!

Started by h2olawyer, March 06, 2006, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Well, Spring is showing itself here in Colorado.? Just returned from a 40 mile ride in the hills west of town.? Some gravel here & there, but not on many corners - mainly at intersections.? Bike ran great - especially considering it's been since early January that I've ridden it!? Just rode my normal test loop and added a little bit to it just because it was so nice out.? Temp in the low 60s (F) and nice overcast skies but with plenty of light to see well.

Saw a dozen other bikes out on the same route.? That's more than I normally see on a Summer weekend day!? Must be lots of folks here getting a little stir crazy.? Too bad we're supposed to be getting some rain & snow from Wednesday on this week.? (It's OK, we need the moisture - two brush / forest fires in the last few days.)

Not bad - one weekend skiing Steamboat, the next skiing Winter Park & now a nice ride.? Life is indeed good.? ?8)  I'll be paying for it tomorrow morning - spending 2.5 hours with my favorite dentist getting fitted for some bridgework.  ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 06, 2006, 06:55:09 PM? I'll be paying for it tomorrow morning - spending 2.5 hours with my favorite dentist getting fitted for some bridgework.? ::)

H2O

How loud can we say "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH? ;D? :D? ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mutt

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 06, 2006, 06:55:09 PM
? I'll be paying for it tomorrow morning - spending 2.5 hours with my favorite dentist getting fitted for some bridgework.? ::)

H2O

So.... how'd it go with the dentist? Bet you broke out the home stuff when you got home huh?

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

h2olawyer

Dentist wasn't too bad.  He ground out all the old fillings in the molar & did some major resculpting of a couple other teeth.  Then I got a temporary bridge installed.  The real one gets put in in two weeks.

Got home & had lunch - tough with half my mouth asleep.  Then went for a haircut.  Did take a couple aspirin after lunch, felt like somebody nailed me with a left cross as the anesthetic wore off.  Feel fine now - except I'm trying to get used to having a tooth where there was just a gap for the last 20 years.

Going to get out the single malt & watch the Colorado Avalanche this evening, thopugh.  No home brew ready to dring at this time . . . :'(

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) h20.......Vision? 8)

:) Tiger......Vision? ?8)

;D h20......Single malt scotch? ?8)

;D Tiger....Single malt scotch? ?8)

Are you my long lost daddy who ran off to America? ???

Avalanche.............. ???...Oh you mean its snowin' down your way? ::)
;D? ? GO LEAFS GO? ? ?;D? ? GO LEAFS GO? ? ?;D? ? GO LEAFS GO? ? ?;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Hey, Tiger - all us Visionaries are long lost siblings, eh?!?

The Glenlivet was smoooooooooth!

Av's won in a shootout (with one of the bottom feeders in the NHL  ::) ).  I'm really disappointed my high school didn't offer hockey when I was in school.  I'd have played without a doubt.  They have a team now.  Guess I was just meant to ski instead.  ;D

H2O

Lucky

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 08, 2006, 12:58:09 AM
I'm really disappointed my high school didn't offer hockey when I was in school. I'd have played without a doubt.

Imagine how much time you'd be spending at the dentists now if they did!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

All depends on how you look at it.  If the puck hits just right, there is no need to go to the dentist.   :D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on March 08, 2006, 05:56:00 AM
Imagine how much time you'd be spending at the dentists now if they did!

But ALL the girls around here think Mike Ricci is cute!

I've spent tons of time in dentist's chairs anyway - some of my teeth actually came in with cavities!  Started the major dental trips at age 4 & it continues to this day.  ::)  If they'd been knocked out playing hockey, they wouldn't have been there for fillings, root canals, crowns, & the ones that have been pulled would have otherwise saved the dentist some more work & me lots of money!  ;D

Quote from: zore on March 08, 2006, 07:41:29 AM
All depends on how you look at it. If the puck hits just right, there is no need to go to the dentist. :D

Either you mean a "killer" hit or if all the teeth are gone, you still need to get dentures & those things are a real pain!

H2O