News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Traded the vision.

Started by inanecathode, April 07, 2010, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Yeah so, i decided this whole vision thing is a waste of time and decided to trade it for these three beauties:

Sure they need a bit of work (i think i might have a missing side cover on the yellow one) but all in all i think it's a better move overall. Might even be worth something when its running!

Just kidding of course, it is still april isnt it?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

Ummm, You missed April 1st by about a week my friend.  8)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Quote from: YellowJacket! on April 07, 2010, 01:49:03 PM
Ummm, You missed April 1st by about a week my friend.  8)

David

I'll take some more pictures of them when i get back out to the garage for you dave :P

funkamongus

trail 90s?? Looks like one i worked on...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

fret not

That push rod model should last a good while after it is fixed up, and worth the effort.  They are very good little motors.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

inanecathode

Quote from: funkamongus on April 07, 2010, 03:40:37 PM
trail 90s?? Looks like one i worked on...

Yup, all 90ccs. One is a ct200, the other a ct90. The ct200 has an overhead valve engine as well as the 90, but without the under drive transmission. If i ever fix the ct200 it'll be getting the 67 under drive i picked up with the bikes.

kiawrench

i just saw a few of those earlier today,,, shrimper  captain was using them as drift anchors - i'll go back out in the morning and see if he is interested in three more .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

bachelorette #3 looks like all she needs is a chain (and a good whip)

good deal!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20/HondaCT90Late60S#

Pics of the one I worked on, my garage,  and the guy who owns it in the blue shirt and my buddy Dan leaned over working on it. Im taking pics...
I own:

akvision

" I "  you have entirely too much time on your hands! 8)

Or the air is too thin where you live! ;)
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

inanecathode

Quote from: akvision on April 08, 2010, 12:59:25 AM
" I "  you have entirely too much time on your hands! 8)

Or the air is too thin where you live! ;)

Haha, yeah. The idea is for the gf to learn how to ride on something this small, then work up to something regular sized.

Course, there are two in good shape there too...

funkamongus

Shifting is all weird, though. They told me after we got it running, I didnt even want to take it out as we were having clutch issues, too. Bill, the larger guy in the photos who owns it, took off down the street on it and we couldnt help but get a little giggle out of him riding that tiny little thing...
I really like the second sprocket idea on the rear... Two different sized sprockets, in the same place, so you can set it up for slow trail riding, or for faster road riding.. pretty neat.
I own:

Kenny

Hi Inane,
    Here I was hoping that after you finally drilled your tank you might have the Vision a bit longer.
     So what kind of work do you need to do on these scooters?
              Cheers Ken S. ;D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

inanecathode

Quote from: Kenny on April 08, 2010, 02:43:11 PM
  Hi Inane,
    Here I was hoping that after you finally drilled your tank you might have the Vision a bit longer.
     So what kind of work do you need to do on these scooters?
              Cheers Ken S. ;D

Haha yeah, man. You know those big bikes, just too much weight for me!

The scooter motorcycle i'm working on needs the following:
New rear brake cable
Straightened front end
Straightened peg bar thing
Carb clean
Battery
Wire cleaning
Seat cover

And whatever else i find. I put some levers on it today (modified shorty dirt bike levers) and found the rear brake cable froze up, but the front is fine. Probably dig into the carb tomorrow. I'm gonna dip it i think, no rubber parts in it to be harmed plus its pretty clean already.

kiawrench

i WAS kidding about anchors . but there are a few of those used by local civic group, mostly in parades and as runner bikes during local city sponsored events( car shows, spring celebration festivals ,almost anything that doesn't include bikers, biker's families, or even two bikes in same parking lot.) 

Karl Andress, local masonic honcho has a 90 that has a "grocery shelf"  bolted on it, says it came that way . 4 regular paper grocery bags will fit in there evenly, with no sliding around if set in two by two. he bought it when a teen to do grocery delivery and still rides it now in parades and such,, but now he just sits a huge stuffed gorilla in the basket . yes the gorilla has a helmet on .

the grocery shelf thing looks a bit like a 30 inch square milk crate
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Kevin

If you have the spare gas can on one they are hard to find. they are all metal so they are easy to restore.

inanecathode

Quote from: Kevin on April 09, 2010, 12:11:39 AM
If you have the spare gas can on one they are hard to find. they are all metal so they are easy to restore.

Those came stock on later ones. For some reason the later 'postie bikes' are really hard to find. They have traditional forks, a little bit bigger, extra gas can, better suspension, etc.

The way i figure it, honda supercubs have had this leading link stamped front end suspension since the earth was cooling, i think it'll do alright ;)

For the fuel situation, i've been thinkin a bit about how i would do a bigger tank, i think what i'd do is mount a regular bike gas tank to the down tube... Another 5 gallons would get me 7 gallons of fuel... 700 miles before a fillup, sounds fun :)

vadasz1

If you had a spare Vision tank to mount then you would definately have something rare.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

inanecathode

Quote from: vadasz1 on April 09, 2010, 08:48:39 AM
If you had a spare Vision tank to mount then you would definately have something rare.

Way too big, but good idea :D

Kenny

So what kind of a " Trail 90 "  site have you found ? Seems like kind of a step to the rear you are making- but if it works for you...
               Cheers Ken S. ;)
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92