odometer

Started by kev10104, May 18, 2009, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev10104

I can't reset my odometer to 0.Any ideas?

inanecathode

Odometer? No
Trip meter, you should be able to. Just roll it around till all the numbers match then roll it till they all hit zero.
If it doesnt do anything at all, i'd be interested in checking out the drive end of that knob and make sure its attached/not separated/not stripped.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kev10104

Sorry your right it is the trip meter and nothing happens when I turn it or push/pull it.

h2olawyer

It is supposed to turn counterclockwise to reset the trip meter.  If yours isn't working, the tiny screw may be missing.  Does the reset wheel pull out of the box?  If so, you will need to find that tiny screw.  If not, you must have other internal issues.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Sometimes the PO can turn it the wrong way so many times thinking "WTF its broken!?" and end up unscrewing the screw in there and it ends up falling out at some later date.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

kev10104

No it doesn't fall out when I pull it.It really is not a big deal but it would be nice to have.

Night Vision

maybe you just need to tighten the screw.... long philips head eyeglass screwdriver works... that screw is tiny
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kev10104

I screwed around with it and got it working.Thanks everyone.

h2olawyer

Cool!  If it is an 82, you now have a reasonable fuel gauge, too!  I normally try to fill up somewhere between 120 & 140 miles.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kev10104

I was wondering how many kilometers I could get and I went for 210 kilometers before filling up.That was with my wife on the back so I am very pleased with that.Although my fuel gauge works great it is always reassuring to have a back up.Thanks again.