News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Talent Contest?

Started by Re-Vision, December 19, 2012, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

Good story, Art.  Sort of reminds me of some of the Twilight Zone tales.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Fuzzlewump

Horse exhaust! Lmfao....what a damn fine story, Artbone! It's funny how truth can be so much stranger than fiction sometimes. And there always seem to be crazier experiences when travelling, too. I had no idea the Amish participated in such things.
Know ye not that ye are a gremlin?? Thou hast no quarter here- flee now from me!!

artbone

Quote from: Fuzzlewump on February 10, 2013, 03:03:02 PM
Horse exhaust! Lmfao....what a damn fine story, Artbone! It's funny how truth can be so much stranger than fiction sometimes. And there always seem to be crazier experiences when travelling, too. I had no idea the Amish participated in such things.
Yes Fuzzlewump, truth is indeed stranger than fiction sometimes . . . but not in this case. This story IS fiction.  ;D
I got the idea for it when my friend Charlie and I were driving back from Vintage Days several (like 10, maybe) years ago and we were in the middle of Amish country in a pine forest and the subject of titty bars came up. A subject, I might add, that almost never comes up between Charlie and myself. Anyway, I said, "Maybe we can find an Amish titty bar around here somewhere" and the story sort of wrote itself after that. :laugh:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Re-Vision

It looks as though Art's story is so good that he scared off any potential competition. Anyone wanting to be recognized for February needs to enter tomorrow, I know the talent is out there.     BDC