Main Menu

Gas

Started by Superfly, July 07, 2004, 10:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

I am Curious, what type of gas does everyone use?  I have been using 91, but the manual says regular unleaded.  Thinking back to 82 when the bike was new, they had leaded and unleaded gas, not sure about the octane though.  Also, how do you put pictures on this.....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

GA_Wolf

I've found my bike runs cooler on migrade than premium and runs better on migrade than low octane.

gbranche

QuoteI am Curious, what type of gas does everyone use? ?I have been using 91, but the manual says regular unleaded. ?Thinking back to 82 when the bike was new, they had leaded and unleaded gas, not sure about the octane though.
I've always used the cheap stuff in all my bikes. "Regular Unleaded" has always been 87 octane (except in high-altitude locations, like Denver).

QuoteAlso, how do you put pictures on this.....

You store the picture at some location that web browsers can get to (such as a picture hosting service), and then use the <[>img<]> and <[>\img<]> tags around the reference (i.e. "URL") to the picture. (Note: remove the angle brackets when using the tags - I put them there to suppress the formatting provided by the forum software. Otherwise, the tags would be interpreted as a picture reference. :) ) You can get the image tags by clicking the 4th button (from the left) in the bottom row of buttons in the "Add YABBC tags:" formatting toolbar. (It looks like this: , and is inserted into this message with this bit of tagging: <[>img<]>http://www.ghetti.net/rov/images/img.gif<[>/img<]>)

HTH,
Greg

harry_angel69

The inside of my right side panel says to run 91 octane, regular leaded fuel.  I have only been running 93, because this is what I was told to run in a classic vehical that was designed for leaded fuel.  I do not know if this is the truth or a bunch of crap, but I run premium in most of my small engines (four-wheelers and such).
Don't tell me about your "gonna do" projects.  Just do it already.  I don't want any coulda, shoulda, woulda in my life.

h2olawyer

I've been running everything from regular to premium unleaded in mine for years.  I'm @ high elevation so the octanes here range from 85 ~ 91.  I found about the same results as GA_Wolf mentioned above.  Put 91 octane premium in on last fill up and operating temp rose just a bit.  Normally use the mid grade.  Regular is sometimes the only thing available in some of the smaller mountain towns out here - especially in areas of Southern Wyoming, outside Laramie.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

Thanks H2O, I appreciate the help!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

wolfman

Mine seem happiest with mid grade (89 Octane around here) but a local Gulf Station sells a bigger variety of Octane levels from 85-93.  It seemed even happier with the actual 91 stuff I got there once...thought that may be just my imagination.