Great Season So Far

Started by kwells, July 02, 2007, 02:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

I'll think of a good spot to meet everyone.  Either the intersection, the Stone Church or Estes Park.

The fuel line modification is low tech.  Elimination of the sharp bend and use of different material.  What may be happening is that the fuel hose is softening in the heat & pinching off the fuel flow.  As long as the pump is working, it has enough fuel to run.  However, at idle or after sitting, the line may be closing entirely and not allowing fuel to flow.  The problem is getting worse every time I ride it now.

83 project is still a go, but I need to find the $$ to take the tank to the pros from Dover to get the dent removed & the paint applied on the tank & fairing.  Also still need to finish the clean / repair / rebuild of the carbs.  Then comes modifying the rear upper engine mount - or getting the 83 mount off one of the bikes at Boulder Bike Works.  Still a lot to do before that project is done.  Want to do it right.  The wiring for the fuel gauge and the gauge itself are all set to go.  Will need to make a couple connectors for the tank end & the gauge end, but those are simple.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

h2olawyer

If this ride is  still a go, post in the AM before y'all leave.  If so, I'll be waiting at the intersection of Hwys 7 & 72.  Unless I hear differently, I'll be there around 11:45 & wait until about 12:30.  No cell phone at present, so I can't communicate once I'm on the road.

If we don't meet up, I'll probably ride over Trail Ridge, Willow Creek & Cameron Passes.  The odometer will pass 13,000 miles about the time I leave the city limits in the morning.  Should be around 13,300 when I get home.  Supposed to be nearing 100F down here in the flatlands Saturday.  Should be in the 70s on top of Trail Ridge.  Will take the still camera - no video as the traffic will likely be fairly heavy on the weekend and everyone wanting to get to cooler climes.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

will post up when we take off from lakewood which should give you enough lead time.  I also have ur number so give me a call if thing change mid stream
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Aelwulf

I'm runnin' a bit late here, it's ten 'til 9 and about to take off up '83 from the South Academy entrance area.  See ya's when I get up there.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)