News:

Main Menu

Just a few pics

Started by dpanijan, November 20, 2002, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpanijan

I have just uploaded a few pictures of Vision I am rebuilding.
Also, there are pics of cooling fan on R/R unit, so tell me will it be good ?

Hope to add more text (also English) in a few days.

Damir

P.S. Red Vision on page is desired looking for my Vision :-)
--
Damir

dpanijan

--
Damir

Humber

This fan behind second head won't help you, there is to much heat there, I tried this and it didn't work, 'cos the fan simplyblowed hot air on rec, u must move rec somewhere else (location without any heat)
nie ma podpis?w

dpanijan

Maybe to make air-tunnel or something ?

...will see.

Damir
--
Damir

tractix

QuoteHumber: This fan behind second head won't help you, there is to much heat there, I tried this and it didn't work, 'cos the fan simplyblowed hot air on rec, u must move rec somewhere else (location without any heat)

wait a min.. isnt the fan should suck hot air out of the r/r?  the fan should work like the one found in a cpu, when you put your hand on top of the fan/cpu , you'll feel hot air blowing out..

zeds

dpanijan

Wrong.

CPU fan blow to CPU, but power supply fan suck air from power unit and case.

...and about R/R fan, I will try and see. (I beleive what you said, Humber, but I want to learn on my own mistakes :-)

Damir
--
Damir

Rick G

HI Dpanijan. Humber is right , The space behind the battery is super heated by the rear cylinder abd exaust pipe using a fan to ciculate hot air won't help . The Germans are right ( Heavens what am I saying?)  the R/R needs to be relocated to cooler envionment. Many 80's Japanese  bikes have the R/R located on the battery clamp or on the passenger foot peg bracket or on the swing arm in front of the rear tire!  anywhere cool.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike