News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

My crazy neighbour...

Started by Tiger, July 06, 2008, 08:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

My crazy neighbour...a continuing saga (in several parts!!!)
The guy next door to me...(The one that I've had trouble with a couple of times before in the past 1 1/2 years and ended up building a 6' fence down his side of the yard)... well, on Friday evening, about 7.30 pm we hear a loud crash against the front door and when I go out, there is some of our front veranda furniture kicked around!!!...and there is buddy all pissed up, bare chested, standing on my driveway F***ing and blinding at the top of his voice that he wants me right now, right F***ing NOW...YOU AND ME, RIGHT F***ING NOW...I laughed, shook my head and told him to go home as I would call the boys in blue (the O.P.P.)...fine says he "F***ing call them"...so I did  ::)...and off across my lawn he went, shouting and screaming obscenities, using foul and abusive language, gee I was kinda embarrassed ::)

This is the third time he's annoyed me and upset the wife and each time I've warned him that this isn't....Hmmmmm...working very well ::)...and that a ride in an ambulance is in his future!!! Sucking hospital food through a straw probably isn't very good either!!!
...and all because he has a problem sleeping. He blames my two wee dogs for constantly barking. I don't like the wee buggers barking so why would I let them, besides they had been sitting in the house beside the wife and I for an hour while we were watching the T.V...which is our basement rec' room!!!

There is a dog (Beagle) on the other side of him that barks now and then and a couple to the rear of his property that we hear, now and again...and a couple of poodles across the road from him and yes they pipe in now and then :o Oh, and did I mention that HE has a dog, a really nice greyhound ::)

To cut a long story short I told the boys in blue to go slap his wrists like a naughty boy, (hey, he is a family guy and used to be a great neighbour), but warn him that this is the last time and if there was a next time they better bring an ambulance with them!!! That didn't seem to go over to well .... ;)

Anyhoooooo, on Saturday night two police car's turn up at his door at around 7.30 pm and eventually take him away in "bracelets"!!! I've no idea why...I think he needs section 17...sent to the nut farm...Crazy neighbour ::) It takes all sorts, I suppose ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

joevacc

Tiger,  Now I have no doubt whatsoever that you can take care of yourself, but any scoundrel that would upset your wife is dead to me!  You say the word and I jump on me V and be up there in 11 or 12 hours or so and give 'im what for!!!    ;D
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

h2olawyer

That sucks.  Having several uncaring neighbors, I sympathize with your situation.  Hope the uniforms - with your cooperation - get things worked out for the better.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

It must be the MAC's that have him so angry.  ;D

If you ever get in a pinch with him and need and out...hit the ball$....hard.  effective incapacitation without leaving any evidence....well, any that he is probably willing to reveal.  ;D

Keep yerself outa trouble.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:) Thanks Joe, I believe you would...and we both appreciate that my friend 8) 'cause as you know Cathy means everything to me.

Tell you what is funny (strange funny)...just after I posted this thread, a "FOR SALE" sign has gone up on their front lawn and buddy still isn't home!!! Hmmmmmm, the plot thickens...

I'll keep you all posted...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

That is an interesting development.

Looks like I'm FINALLY rid of the worst of my 'neighbors'.  They have been moving out all day.  In early June, the landlord evicted them and had some large guys stop by and packed a 20 foot long stock trailer full of furniture.  A couple of additional carloads of stuff left that weekend.  Then nothing more happened - the people who were evicted still seemed to be living in the house.

Things did improve a little bit after the first eviction, but there was still a nightly parade of cars stopping by.  4 - 6 people would go noisily into the house, stay 15 minutes, then leave.  Five minutes later, that would be repeated by a different car.  This went continuously between 2 & 4:30 AM, 6 or 7 days a week.  Every time a car would arrive, the doors would slam - sometimes being re-opened & slammed again, then they would set the alarm, honking the horn & flashing the lights in the process.  The only people around here who would likely break into the car were already in the house they were going into.

I was in regular contact with Neighborhood Services & the Ft. Collins Police regarding how to handle the problem.  They said to call the police every time there was excess noise.  That works fine when there's a stereo playing too loud or the party noise is too great, but for the traffic parade, I'd call, the officers would show up & all would be quiet while they were in the area.  Five or ten minutes after the police left, the parade would start again.  It was getting really annoying.  I've had maybe a half dozen good, full night's sleep since mid-April.

I found out that the renters were fined $2000 for the first noise ticket (and one of them was arrested that night as well).  They received two more noise tickets over the last two months & the fines increase for each offense.  I began keeping a log of the type of car, time of arrival, number of people, time of departure & if they were loud or not when coming & going.  It averaged five cars a night & 4 of the 5 would yell & scream as they came & went.  This log was going to be used in the next two municipal court trials regarding their noise tickets, but since they're gone, I won't press the issue.  As it is, they're going to be out at least $7500 total by the time all their court appearances are done.  All I wanted them to do was modify their behavior so they didn't keep me awake every night.  I could have tolerated a couple times a month, but the nightly crap just got to be too much.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

sounds like they were selling drugs (in which case they probably could afford the fines...)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

The drug angle was what I was thinking, too.  At least they're out of here!  (I hope)  There is still one car in the driveway & sounds of cleaning going on, but it sure looked like what remaining furniture they had was moved out earlier today.  The landlord was there earlier, too.  He left before I got a chance to talk to him.

There was some noise betweeen 10 & midnight on the fourth, but things quieted down after that and were quiet last night, too.  I was sitting on my front porch, enjoying the quiet last night when a car drove up to the house & someone knocked on the door.  I overheard them ask if so & so was home & the guy answered, "No, he's in jail."

As for being able to afford the fines, the girl who received the citation had to agree to a payment schedule, so they claim they don't have the cash on hand.  However, all the cars that would spend lots of time parked there had temporary tags.  One of them was a pretty new Lincoln LS, driven by a guy who looked all of 18 or 20.  The three original renters all bought newer used cars in the last couple months, too.

During the daytime, I didn't like being out front, either.  They would all hang out in the front yard & it was a constant barrage of mo!#%rfu@#!*g this & that.  The incessant profanity was amazing.  I use the words from time to time, but they lose their effectiveness when overused.  Maybe now, I can get some sleep & get the weeds pulled from all my rock landscaping.   ::)

H2O

inanecathode

My neighbor used the plot our house is on as a wood lot/recreation area. After we bought it he threw a big sh*t fit and put up a barb wire fence with no trespassing signs facing our property. He also has 4 no trespassing signs outside his driveway (ABSOLUTELY NO Trespassing, KEEP OUT, MAKE MY DAY LAW STRICKTLY (sic) ENFORCED, Posted: No trespassing) along with two or three cow skulls. He also has this fine gem of a sign up on his world war three tent bunker thing; There is a trained us sniper on this property. If you can read this sign i can see the whites of your eyes. Nothing here is worth your life
The guy is a freakin nutbag im pretty sure, he lets his dogs roam all over the place (when i was younger and coming home from school, one of them came at me, had to kick the beast back) and the sheriffs have been to his house more times than i can count. I could go on and on but the short of it is, he drives his glass packed dodge diesel truck around the neighborhood in granny gear, his wife drives like a crazy person (passed three cars in a double yellow, almost hitting another car in the process, i was the other car :o) and he cant tune a chainsaw. (i'll pass on the last one, neither can i haha)
The other neighbor isnt too bad. They have a few kids (4 i think?) that play "lets see who can scream the loudest at 8am". Thats alright tho, kids are kids. What i dont like is them teasing my dog, i did that once when i was a kid and i got bit.

Maybe i only look out the window when its scenic so to speak, but i think the best neighbor is the one you never hear or see :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////