News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New Windscreen

Started by The Prophet of Doom, May 30, 2009, 01:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I've missed your posts. You area valuable asset to this site. Are you still in the painting business?

reckon

Quote from: Kevin on June 01, 2009, 11:39:36 PM
I've missed your posts. You area valuable asset to this site. Are you still in the painting business?

thank you for the kind words,......

I am no longer painting (professionally),...I learned that I make JUST as much money NOT painting, and then I'm not spending $400 a month on paint supplies   ;D

I just paint my own stuff, and a few old friends scooters.

I am however fully doing plastic reproduction stuff now, I should have V stuff available in 30 days or so.
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

treedragon

roro
I'm up for winter riding for sure, any excuse, a trip to CHCH will make a nice weekend away   8)  8)  8) very. Can probably claim it as a business expense, photo shoots and all  ;D

I was down Hanmer way the other day, twas snow showers from Hanmer into heavy back over the Lewis Pass, (about 100k of fast twisties everyone), one of those finger mounted wiper blades would have been handy as it was wet enough to stick and I wasn't game enough to blast it off with speed on that road anyway, and then again up the Lakes the other day, blues skies, sun shining, and the snow showers horizontal...... wind chill factor was NEED TO ADD HEATED GRIPS!! Methinks winter seems a touch early.

Maybe I'm getting soft but I don't remember the fingers zeroing out so soon in the piece and this is with the clipon's tucked in behind the fairing, I'm suspecting a changed airflow with the fairing mods. When the afore mentioned safety devices are fitted I will look at coming south for a weekend.

Rick G

I would love to ride in New Zealand, everything I've seen about it inspires!
I think your bike likes me, it keeps winking at me.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

vadasz1

I was on a business trip in NZ back in 2007.  Man what beautiful islands it is.  I actually loved it when I was there the second time in ChristChurch.  Nice twisty,windy,twisty,windy,twisty and did I say windy, roads.  Mind you I was given a tour in a Ford Commodore V8.  That is a nice fast car down there.  I sure do like the fact that the kiwi's like cubic inches and rear wheel drives.  I also like the combis that hey have.  Much better looking than the ElCaminos that we had here.  They still make that body style there and it is fantastic.  Imagine a modern day Elcamino with nice swooping lines and a honkin' fat V8 in it.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

treedragon

agreed it's a nice place to ride, people are friendly as well although I have to say they don't all try the "come on" like my bike seems to be doing, no manners at all, I think it's trying to catch the attention of roro's ......... um, pet, the one with the bounce back body  ;D

I now have access to a vid cam that is small enough to strap on the bike so am hoping to record a few choice sections and post them somewhere.

CasaJones

Sweet looking ride Recon.  Love the look of the white. 

I'd love a new screen for an 82 shark and a YICS.   I'll be patient.   

I've got a set of the side covers from an 82 to borrow for the mold if you need.

2- red 82 xz550s --- they're twins!

"Those who beat their guns into plows will plow for those who do not"  widely credited to Thomas Jefferson