News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

new Pistons !!!  and buy Dave's Vision

Started by Rick G, February 12, 2004, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I have  been emailing Dave Sulecki  at Wisco pistons and forwarded  a sample piston to him for Paul. Wisco will make  a piston  to order  in 80 mm, 80.5 mm and 81 mm . They need an order of 20 pistons to do a run . This will not be a catalog item  but a special run  for us, each piston will include rings , pin and clips.  If we send him a cylinder , they will consider making much larger over sizes for us, again in a lot of 20 units.  

Dave wants to sell his Vision (see it in the gallery , you can't miss it its YELLOW )
He says the price will be VERY friendly and that it should go to  a visionary who will appreaceate  all the special work he's done on it.   I believe he's in Ohio.  He's just too busy to do any more to it. Naturally, it needs  a stator and R/R  ! ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Rick G

I reread Daves email , its 24 pistons  to make a run. if any are interested  contact me and we will see what can be done.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

rick_nowak

i'll ask.  pricing area???? deposit required???  total prepay???
enjoy your day

Blake

Count me in rick..  how much are we looking at?  

when you say they'd make larger oversizes...would they resleeve or just largest they could go with our sleeve?

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Rick G

Hes talking around 80.00 each , which includes  the rings ,pin and clips. the  "hotrod over siz"  would be for use in the existing liner.. Hey lucky, can you  edit  the email and post  here  (I still can't cut and paste!!!
Rick G

h2olawyer

Seems to me there's an adage about old dogs and new tricks!   :D  lol. . .
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Sure can:
=======================================
Hello Rick -

We certainly can manufacture these pistons. We can make 80,
80.5, and 81mm.
This part would be considered a custom piston for us, we are not
wanting to
make this for ourselves to catalog and sell. We need to sell a
large number
(several hundred) in order to make it for our own catalog.

What we need is an order for twenty four pistons. These can be a
mix of the
bores sizes, such as ten 80mm, six 80.5mm, and eight 81mm (for
example). The
pistons would need to be all of the same configuration, ie: all
same dome.

We can also make much larger bore sizes, if someone could send
us a cylinder
to look over, we can determine then how big we can go. The
cylinder would be
a loner, and would be returned.

If you wanted to change the doming, such as raise the
compression ratio, or
lower it, then the part becomes a new set up for us, and
requires another
twenty four part commitment.

Cost is in the eighty dollar range, complete with rings, pin,
and clips. The
order for twenty four is the commitment we need to proceed, and
a deposit of
half down. If this is something that you would like to proceed
with, say the
word and I will make the pricing more solid. We would then
prepare a drawing
of the piston. Once we have the drawing approved (signed) and
the deposit,
we then proceed to make the parts.

Please let me know if there are any questions, look forward to
making these
if someone wants to step up and place an order.

Regards -

Dave

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

yamy

8) Hey guys -

If anyone has a piston question, please let me know. I would be glad to answer any questions.

If there is a cylinder out there, maybe someone can send it. It seems to me that if anyone were going to make a rebuild, why not go whole hog and make a big bore? Once I see a cylinder, I can determine how big the stock sleeve will go. If not, I can also hook up this group with a few sleeve companies out there. We work with several, and they all make quality stuff.

Someone buy my bike!!!  ;D it is a crying shame to see it sit all the time. Since my boys are riding now, I do not have time to spend on the Vision. I am in Northeast Ohio, and the price will be real right for someone to come and get it. I am not against driving an hour or so to meet someone. This bike is one of a kind, powdercoated wheels/frame, custom triple clamps with normal handlebars, custom exhaust, custom seat, the list goes on and on...the bike must go to a fellow Vision rider, only we can appreciate what I have done with it.

Regards - Dave

Humber

nie ma podpis?w

Walt_M.

Has anyone agreed to send a cylinder yet? I have a spare with piston and cylinder head, if he needs them. I don't need pistons or rings yet but I am willing to help.
Whale oil beef hooked!