News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

AppleJack! WAS in Da House! ...STOLEN

Started by YellowJacket!, March 15, 2011, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Wow, that sucks.  :(  That was hardly worth bringing home.

Makes you wonder about people that would do such things. As good as some people are there are others that are equally bad. Sorry that happened to you.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

Well, a bit of very good news... sold AJ for $1500.00!  Now can pay off the impound/towing fees...and then some.   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Raj1988 on July 05, 2011, 08:34:13 PM
ur kidding me!!!

Nope, found a guy that was looking for the exact year/model to build a stunt bike out of.  Prob should have asked for more as he didn't even negotiate!  Uggg.

David

Lucky

So when you trip & fall & land in shit, how is it you always come out smelling like freshly laundered linen??!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

P. S. Tell the guy I have a p.o.s. Ninja for him....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

If it was April 1 , I would suspect a joke , You have got to be kidding, right?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Rick G on July 06, 2011, 11:11:12 PM
If it was April 1 , I would suspect a joke , You have got to be kidding, right?

Didn't sell my Vision.  No way on that.  I sold the 2001 CBR F4i that my friend gave me that I gave back to him when he wrecked his car.  It was subsequently recovered but damaged so he gave it back to me and I sold it. 

It was really a fun bike and the guy that gave it to me rode it quite a bit...I did too before it was stolen.  It had only 15k miles on it which is low for an 01.  Alas, it was a crotch rocket and lacked all of the utility that YJ has so the choice was clear.

Once it was recovered, I managed to fix the ignition and replaced the main fuse - which is designed to blow if its hotwired - and got her started.  Lots of white smoke from sitting upside down but that cleared up.  The biggest thing holding me back was going to be the cost of replacing the rear wheel which was cracked on two sides.  Probably either from the towtruck pulling it out of the ravine or the theives hoisting it up into a truch to get away with it quick.  Either way, it was going to cost over 200.00 to fix that and that is money I have set aside for YJ's seat.

David

YellowJacket!

WOW!  Just found out that the guy that bought the CBR hit a deer at over 50mph dead on.  He is going to be ok.  Said he was wearing full gear and was riding with some other people who were able to get help quickly.  The CBR and the deer though are both dead.

David

Brian Moffet

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Brian Moffet on August 13, 2011, 12:46:54 PM
That bike was obviously cursed...

Yup, my feelings exactly.  I told the PO and he feels the same way.  Bad MOJO

I'm glad I decided to get rid of it.

David

spectre

Quote from: Brian Moffet on August 13, 2011, 12:46:54 PM
That bike was obviously cursed...
I was about to say the same thing. :o Is anything salvageable? the engine or anything?
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress