News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Pneumonia - Oh No!

Started by YellowJacket!, August 10, 2008, 10:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

This is proving to be quite a difficult month of me.  First the fiasco with my exams, my bike falling over, my finger then my AC unit going out.  I ended up getting sent home from work sick yesterday.  It started a couple days ago as a head cold but has now fully established itself in my chest.
Last night the fever set in along with the chills and body aches and I feel like total crap.  I'm a Respiratory Therapist and the stuff I'm coughing up makes ME gag!  The thing that scares me is how bad it tastes...thats not good.  I have an appointment at the Doc tomorrow for a carb cleaning ;D but have a bad feeling that if things dont get any better soon, I'll be paying a visit to the ER.  I've had pneumonia twice before and this is the worst I've felt.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

vadasz1

Well Dave I wish you all the best and avoid ending up like Berni Mac. ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

h2olawyer

Oh man, David - you deserve a break from all the crap - not more of it!

Sending thoughts & prayers your way for a speedy recovery.  Get well soon!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Spent most, if not all of yesterday in bed.  The last thing I remember was watching a marathon of Ice Road Truckers and then my wife waking me up to eat around 8.  She said I felt warm and I was all sweaty so my fever was probably breaking.
I feel freakin nasty.  If I didn't know better, I would have to say that it was the flu but its WAY too early around her for it.
Symptom-wise, it has to be pneumonia given how I feel and all the crap I'm couging up.  I feel like a Vision with a set of very dirty carbs - Cough, wheeze, sputter, backfire, idle is even off, short of breath, feel like crap and look worse.
I have an appointment to see the doc in about an hour.
I called into work yesterday and spoke with my boss who sent me home on sat.  He sounded as bad as I did.  I wished him luck and told him all the joys of what was in store.  That makes 4 of 30 of us - that I know of that have the same crap so we all must have come in contact with something/someone prety darn infectious. I'm sure our ID team will be looking into it.
The thing htat scares me the most is the headachea dn neck ache that I have had.  That makes me think of meningococcal or pneumococcal which is some bad juju.  Meningococcal particulatly because of meningitis!
So now I'm off to take a shower- which will indice the production of copious secretions - kindalike a human carb cleaning - then off to the doc.

cough cough

David

PS, thanks for the well wishes.  I need to get out and ride.

YellowJacket!

Well, I drug my sorry sick but to the doctor today and waited an hour past my scheduled appointment for a less than 10 minute visit only to be told that Ihave a bad sinus infection that is draining into my chest.  Was given a script for some antibiotics and told to use a medieval torture device called a "nettie pot" to suck a mixture of salt water and sodium bicarb up one nostril and out the other to flush my sinuses out.  Makes spraying Coca Cola out your nose seem like a pleasurable and almost welcome experience.  I think 'd rather inhale carb cleaner or phosphoric acid next time.  :o
Back to bed I go...missining out on a perfect 10 of a day to ride the Vision.  :(

David

h2olawyer

Take care of yourself and get well soon!  It does sound like someone came through your workplace highly contagious.

That torture device sounds absolutely hideous.  But, if it helps alleviate the symptoms & decreases the possibility of getting too much of that crap dropping into your lungs, then it's probably worthwhile.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

I was once so sick that the sinus pressure in my head made me cry, & i don't cry when i'm sick.

the Dr gave me a saline nasal lavage (sp?) to take home. it was the most disgusting thing i ever did, but it worked! completely cleaned me out!

a couple of people at work are sick too, but not quite as bad as you. i'm giving them W-I-D-E berth!

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I had what you've got , when i was in MN . the wife and i traded it back and forth , until we went to the doctor. No fun ! And all that green goo with red flecks in it! Some orange too!! :o :o :P :P :P :P :'( :'( :'(
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

As a respiraory therapist, I'm pretty comfortable around snot as I deal with it every day.  But I must say that some of the stuff I have been coughing and blowing out over the last few days has rivaled some of the worst stuff I have ever seen.  This morning after my shower (humidity is great for breaking up the thickest of snot) I blew my nose and swore that my brain came out my nostrils.  It was the nastiest, gnarliest brownish gray stuff I think I have ever seen....enough to initiate a quick trip associated with a few heaves over the toilet bowl.  I regained my composure before anything came out though.
After that though, I feel like my sinuses are the cleanest they have ever been....save for my right maxillary sinus.  Its probably still packed and is putting pressure on my teeth and that is a felling not to be relished....I feel like I got hit with brass knuckles in the cheek.
My finger is better though.

David

vadasz1

Dave, somethings are better left untold.  I don't think my coffe went down well after your last post.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: vadasz1 on August 13, 2008, 09:39:57 AM
Dave, somethings are better left untold.  I don't think my coffe went down well after your last post.

LOL...then read down a couple posts about "coldwater"

David

joevacc

Dude! Get Well Soon!

:P ;D
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller