News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

What I was doing this last weekend.

Started by Brian Moffet, May 29, 2007, 03:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

h2olawyer

Cool stuff, Brian.  Your Stinson looked right at home with all those varied aircraft.  At least I'm assuming that photo of the Stinson was yours.  That B-17 sure makes the rounds.  It's been here in Northern Colorado a couple times.  Maybe on one of its future visits, I'll feel wealthy enough to go for a ride.  Great photos, slideshow & music, too!

I spent the last two weekends at Miller Motorsports Park watching an equally varied bunch of cars 'fly' around that 4.5 mile, 23 turn track.  Not quite as fast as some of the planes you were seeing, but exciting, nonetheless.  I have some video & a few stills I need to edit down & post someplace for public viewing.  With all the vision projects needing completion in the next two weeks, I don't know exactly when I'll get around to it, but I'll post a link when it's ready.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

Good pictures Brian, I like those fast looking experimental models
" border="0

supervision

what's going away in a coulpe of weeks?
" border="0

Brian Moffet

There are two Stinsons, my Stinson is the bright orange one.  It won Best Stinson, mostly for showing up (it was the only one being judged  :) )  There are a couple of B-17s that go around the country, Aluminum Overcast is managed by the EAA, and this one is managed by CAF (Commemorative Air Force). 

I'll have to take the movie down after a little while, that's what's going away. 

Funny thing, I was showing the slide show (without music) at the awards ceremony, and every time the two military choppers appeared, the crew would cheer.  They asked me if they could get a copy of the photo.  I said sure, I could email it to them, but no one had a card.  But they did have a flash drive, so I loaded the 5 shots I have of those two landing and off they went.  They said they may put the photo on the squadron page.

Brian Moffet