my new fairing

Started by Hartless, May 28, 2010, 02:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

what do you think? ??? should i paint it red?

it was $80 with the mounts
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

treedragon

okay I will be first to comment, it's a cool evening here in NZ, fire is going and I have hit the wine.................

Big fairing, front on black looks really good, it also tends to minimize the overall size.

So I fiddled with a graphics program and the first thing I noticed was that if it was all red it could look massive, (my view).

Then I thought well what if one tried to follow the tank line line with the red??..........

To me it seemed to come out better however I am drinking red wine so............

Tiger

:) It will give you good protection and at $80.00 was a great price. Given the size/shape of the Quicksilver, I would leave it black...it will compliment the black that already exists in your Vision... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

i have had a quicksilver for about 5 yrs now, and would not take it off my bike for anyone, or any price. but word of warning ,they do not take paint well, it can be done ,but you will need to have it primed with marine base primer in order for the paint to stick,,no matter what color you decide to paint it.

i wrote letter to Craig Vetter, who was surprised to find out some of us were still using the fairing ,and tried to get some information on the second part of the fairing "package" which is the seat top rear storage box with backrest.this thing just strapped down to the seat pan and covered rear part of seat and a bit of the side rail  it seems there were only three of them made. one is on a bike in a museum somewhere in germany, one was lost to an accident ,and the third was stolen ,along with the bike it was on. the ending of Vision production sealed the fate of this product, as it was designed just for the vision. other models were made for years, but they wont cross to a vision. i tried to get a copy of the engineering documents, but Mr. Vetter transferred those to rifle fairings division with all of his other product data after sale of the fairing division. Rifle has never responded to e-mail about the documents.
  so, i guess we are going to be out of luck for the box, or have to get someone to design another. time will tell.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

QBS

Hart, you have scored really big.  The QS is probably even better than the OEM unit, with the serious exception of the the OEM lowers, which are wonderful in the cold.  

I met Craig Vetter several years ago at the Mid Ohio Race Car Course.  A very nice guy.  When asked about lowers for the QS, he said that they were in the process of being developed when he sold his company and were never produced.

You might want to consider painting the chrome windshield framing black, to make it go away.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Kevin

I would suggest shorter turn signal stalks. Those look like outriggers. Lucky can set you up.

Lucky

Quote from: Kevin on May 29, 2010, 12:00:16 AM
I would suggest shorter turn signal stalks. Those look like outriggers. Lucky can set you up.
I Can??
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Re-Vision

Un-Lucky sore knee Tiger maybe.    BDC

vadasz1

RAH RAH Tiger....If he can't do it, no one can......YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHH TTTIIIGGGEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) Yes, I can...but so can Kevin (or used to :-\ )
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Hartless

yea. the signals that came with were broken so i just put the stock vision ones on for now.im going to try and find some lowers i can fab on . gonna be hard though. how much for the signals tiger?

Kevin

Sorry guys, I meant to say Tiger. Brain fart. ;D

Lucky

wait, what? did he just call me a brain fart??!!  ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Hartless

Night Vision

leave it black... you only see the inside while you're riding so what difference does the color make?

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Hartless

that is true. but when its parked , its right in front of the big window in my front room... and i often stare thinking.... what more should i do?

Tiger

Quote from: Hartless on June 02, 2010, 03:21:51 AM
... and i often stare thinking.... what more should i do?

:) That's normal...but take two Advil if the thinking pain hurts  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Hartless

HKshooter

I just put a NOS Quicksilver on my 80 850 Special. The factory 21" windscreen was to short and the turbulence vibrated my helmet to bad my vision blurred. I added and extension to the top to get some relief. I've never seen the type of windscreen you have there on a Quicksilver before. I wonder what it is?