News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Fall Ride for CROV

Started by VisionMeister, August 08, 2009, 11:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Vision

There has been a change of plans for me as well, I will not be able to leave the Bakersfield area till after noon of Friday.
I will keep you posted....

glennw

I'm going to have to back out of this one guys...
See you at the next one!
Glenn
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything is OK.
We'll pass some wiskey and cigars in your absence.

glennw

Thanks Craig!
I'm just a little cash poor at the moment..
Take (and post) lots of photos!
Glenn
Half Mad Max

Kid Jedi

i look forward to bothering you for my turbo and EFI project, its getting close to awesome time when every thing starts coming together!
Loves to over think things.

VisionMeister

We'll have a turbo expert on hand.
Dwight's GPZ 750 turbo has been big bored, revaned for more boost, adjustable two stage pop off valve, and GPZ 100 throttle bodies added. Along with the Mr. turbo exhaust, it accelerates as if it is being pushed by the hand of God.

Kid Jedi

Its not quite the system I want, i plan on running a turbo with the waste gate tied in to the ECU, allowing for very accurate boost control and  will only accelerate like a monster if you are over say 50% throttle. so that the compression ratio varies with throttle position. i am tempted to use a VERY small turbo, like a TD02 which will generate boost at about 1.5k and a by pass valve before the turbo so when i reach high rpm the turbo is bypassed so it does not start to constrict the exhaust. I could easily tie that in with the new engine RPM sensor. I want a turbo to boost torque and low end, to improve street and touring capabilities.
Loves to over think things.

darkvision

Hi, Sorry but I'm going to have to take a raincheck for this get-together. I know you'll have a great time so please take lots of pictures.
Best wishes , Vic

VisionMeister

Yeah I understand that schedules and conditions do not always allow us the time we'd like to have.
Its easy to let our minds and mouths overload our bodies.
Sounds like we're only going to have about five or six visions and maybe five or six other vintage or retro Japanese bikes.
We'll make have enough fun and make enough noise for every one.
Hope to see you at the next one.

VisionMeister

We're planning a scouting ride tommorrow afternoon.
Leave around 2:00 back around 5:00-6:00.
We'll have Pizzza and refreshments at Dwights house friday evening @ 920 E Springer Turock.
I'll stop by the Hotel to check for arrivals. But if you don't see anyone...
the Exit Rd from the freeway is Taylor Rd.
Go east on Taylor about 3 miles to the stoplight at Monte Vista ( i think this is the second stoplight maybe the third)
turn right on Monte Vista and go about a 1/4 mile.
E Springer is to the left (east)at a stoplight.
go about 5-6 blocks and Dwights is on the right; Doors will be open, bikes in the garage.
see you there

VisionMeister

I'm exhausted.
A very successful ride even though we only had four visions. We had four other motorcycles; an SRX 250 ,that was very cool for the tight roads, a GPZ750 Turbo, a 600 ninja with helmet cam, and a Gold wing 1800.
The roads in the morning were some what of a dissapointment. A long stretch of the Hornitos- Merced falls road had been oiled and even though we never experienced any slipping, it was a donfidence killer. When we hit Ben Hur Rd, a road none of us had ridden for several years, the top 7-8 miles was very rough. Then we hit better pavement and sweepers that were magical.A short stop at the Raymond store and we left ro go up Rd 600 back up to Hwy 49.
Hwy 49 was a nice cruise, very smooth and wide, but with the traffic you would expect on a state Highway. Once past a gas stop in Mariposa, we entered the Merced River canyon and the "little dragon", which was a gas. No traffic and perfect road conditions. Very predictable turns gave everyone a level of confidence to challenge their public road skills.
After lunch at Coulterville we headed up to Greeley Hill and on to Hwy 120 via Smith Station Rd. Smith Statrion Road had been recently improved and was every bit as much fun as the little dragon. We headed down 120 through Groveland and down Priest Grade, allegedly named that because you were supposed to need a priest with your stage back in the gold rush era.
At the bottom of Priest Grade we regrouped and decided to head back upHwy 49 to Coulterville and take Hwy 132 back to Lagrange, the biker and cafe racer hangout of the last 40 years.
We returned to Dwights house for the obligatory bar-b-que and re-hydartion. Israel hooked up his camera and we wer able to review almost an hour of the days ride.
Very interesting to hear everyones comments on the different situations that you can't discuss while riding.
Sorry we missed those of you that couldn't make it. Hope stiuations improve for all to allow lots of safe and fun riding.
Hope to see you at the next one.

funkamongus

Sounds like a good time. I really wanted to make it, but life got in the way, as it does. See you for the next one.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

X-Vision

Israel and I just arrived in time for the 2nd half of the Cowboys game. We made realy good time on the way back. Traffic was not too bad which allowed 80-85 mph 90% of the 2:45 hour trip. Thanks Dwight, for the Bar-B-Q and the SPOT! The Hotel was very well located and made it easy for us out of towners to get around. The photo album that Supervision brought along was great! Then to have the guys that were in the photos present, telling their stories of "Back in the days racing" was great. That's another one for the BOOKS! All the attendees, thanks for such a great time! Not to mention the Riding, Wow the riding! I will have to return to these roads to exercise the other bikes and to keep myself in good shape (wink, wink)! GREAT TIME! Thanks guys...CROV let Ride......

Oh, and please don't say "I will see you at the next one"! Talk is cheap, just do it!!!

visionless

Glad everyone had a good time and stayed upright.  Thought about you all afternoon Saturday.
Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Ron_McCoy

Great ride! Sharon and I agree with X-vision that we need to do more riding in this area. Those of you who have never been passed at high speed by a Kawasaki Turbo doing a wheelie may not get the "accelerates like it is being pushed by the hand of God" thing, but that bike is fast! All of you who didn't attend missed a really good time.

funkamongus

you guys need to come ride Tahoe, too, the view is great. I must admit, though, 49 is hard to beat for twisties, especially the section due west of Tahoe, north of 50. Economics prevented me from being there this time, Im gonna try like hell not to let that be the case next time.
The main thing is, we should ride more next year, have a few outings. Im starting to get jealous of those Canadian get-togethers!!!! We definitely need to be there for the VJMC. 
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!