News:

Main Menu

NEROV member ride

Started by zore, March 08, 2006, 07:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

Last year the North East Riders Of Vision crew had a cold yet succesfull ride.  This year I'd like to see if we can get together some time during spring for a ride to Bear Mountain.  Thoughts?
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Tiger

HI Zore,
Is this the bear mountain area your going to ride in? ??? I'm just trying to get a fix on the area. Dependent on your date(s) I may be able to come over? 8)
www.hudsonriver.com/bearmtn.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
;D? ? TIGER? ? ? 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

hfarley

I would try to make it! Any dates in mind yet?
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

Probably not until May or June. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

Sounds good! Keep me posted!
-Heather

VisionaryDan

Hey Guys how have you been?

It would be great to get a ride together with you guys again. Although, May is a very busy month for me. My daughter graduates college on the 13th and have plans for the 20th but I'm free the 27th of May and most of June.  Count me in if you can schedule it on the dates I'm free.

Dan

hfarley

I am good for anytime except July 10th through the 15th so let me know!
-Heather

zore

Ok, peeps, it's time to get our ride on.  Now that I've had a taste of the twisties and scraped the rust off the pegs, it's time to find some good riding area.  Bear mountain is nice, but Dan, if you have any place near you that you like, let us know.  The twistier the better.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

Well if the ride is going to be really soon I am out for now. I haven't ordered my tires yet and need to find time to track down the charging issue. I could get away with a spare tire that I have but without the charging issue resolved I don't want to chance it. I have been so swamped at work lately that I haven't even had a chance to finish troubleshooting the bike. LOL! One of theses days! Let me know though when you guys are planning this and if I can swing it I will come. Talk to ya later!
-Heather

VisionaryDan

Hey Zore,

I have no place in particular mapped out but there are some great twisties along the Delaware river, on eitherside. The girl I'm dating lives in Flemington NJ and I have been explorering the back roads between her place and mine. I can try to map something out if you want. On which side of the river is  Bear Mountain? Maybe we could map the river twisties in on the way?

I'm tied up for the next couple of weekends, my daughter is graduating college and I'm going camping out in Lancaster county over Memorial Day weekend.  As I said before June is pretty open and maybe Heather can get her tires on by then.

zore

Lets do it.  Bear mountin is in ny state.  The vision is ready to go. :o
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Night Vision

hmmm, Bear Mountain, S.E. NY interx 17 & 87?

hmmm, my brother has your pipes on, lives near Binghamton....

hmmm, Tiger said he might go (he owes me a beer  ;) )

promise to keep that woodchuck under control?

promise to show up lookin' your best    :D ?
check it....  http://www.rc30.us/images/gap06/050606-06.jpg
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

zore

I believe that's the place.  South NY state right over the jersey border.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

Well the tires on but the charging issue is not fixed. I am half way there. LOL!
-Heather

VisionaryDan

That's a bit of a haul for a one day trip for me. I checked it out to be about 140 miles one way. I figure it would be about 350 mile day altogether. I don't know if either of my Visions are ready for that.

Bike#1 is continuing to make a knocking sound after doing all the fixes under the left side cover. Had the valves adjusted and an extra click on both CAM chain tensioners but to no avail - I'm starting to think it maybe bearing - gets worse when it gets hot or if ridden for a long period of time. If you ignore the noise runs great but when I got home from the last ride we were on it 

Bike#2 I'm conviced needs a new starter clutch assembly. Replaced the rollers, springs and pins but still grinds and clunks when starting. It also has a problem running hot if I'm caught in 45mph traffic for more than 10 miles. The gage goes all the way up to the edge of the red and stays there until I can get on the open road and up to about 60mph.

I'm thinking of trailering one of them up (need to pick up a trailer).  Let me work on these problems and I'll see where things go.

Dan

zore

We can do that run thru del and pa again, that was a fun road.  Or we can do one of the roads you liked.  There is nothing where I live, so I'm happy to go for a ride.  I was putting 300 to 400 miles a day on the vision in TN and it was GRRRRRRRRREAT.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Ok how about I'll mapout a ride along river road on the PA side and also some back roads on the NJ side. There are some nice twisty roads in that area. Some tight as well as sweeping turns, all back roads.

I'm thinking the 3rd of June I'm free if that works for everyone.  I have a graduation party I'm throwing this weekend and I'm going camping Memorial Day weekend near French Creek  (I'll scope out that area while I'm there).  Hopefully that will give me time to iron out the overheating problems with my second Vision.  The starter clutch can wait.

Dan

zore

I'll check with the old lady and see what my schedule looks like and let you know.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Is anyone up for going for a ride this Saturday (June 3rd). I haven't heard back from anyone. My second Vision with the fairing is in the shop today getting the carbs setup and inspected. I fixed the overheating problem. The starter clutch I'm bidding on a replacement on ebay but that wouldn't stop me from riding. 

Maybe we could just meet in Frenchtown, grab a bite to eat and just pick some back roads and just ride. There are some great twisty back roads in that area.
Should be a nice day anyway. Let me know

Dan

zore

Sorry Dan, I've got a photography gig on the 3rd.  Looks like the first open day I have is the 11th.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900