NEROV member ride

Started by zore, March 08, 2006, 07:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

well since Im back in NYC for much longer than I thought...If I can cure my carburator atherosclerosis out I'm in...Have a couple non vision friends that might be able to join....So what is the date then?  3rd?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

zore

The 3rd just got cleared up for me!!!!   ;D  They cancelled.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Wow we went from bust to a go.

Does meeting in Frenchtown NJ at noon work?

zore

That's about 60 miles from my house.  Tell me where and I will be there provided it doesn't rain.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

kwells

Was just checking out the weather and looks like Sat we might be in for some thunderstorms...
Does look like 77 and sunny on Sunday though....

www.wellsmoto.com

zore

SUnday is a no go for me.  If it's party sunny on saturday and not raining at 11am, i'm good.  I actually don't mind riding in the rain.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

kwells

I'd still like to shoot for Sat...but I doubt I'll be out and about in thunderstorms...Time for a new set of tires and I'd be pushing my luck in rain...Either way my carbs are getting dipped and reassembled today so should be fine tuned by tomorrow and back on the road. :o

www.wellsmoto.com

hfarley

unfortunately I am out. I haven't had anytime to get my bike fixed. Between my grandmother passing away, then things started to settle and my father-in-law went into the hospital. Then he came home, things started to settle again and now one of my ferrets (aka my kids) is very sick and probably dying. I am spending as much time with him between the vet hospital and home as possible in the short time he has left. Besides you guys wouldn't want me around right now. All I am doing is being in a bad mood from no sleep and crying. (not to mention PMS'ing) LOL! What a combination! So I will do all you a favor and stay the heck away!  :P. Once things calm down for me I would like to get together with your guys even if it is just for a backyard bbq with or without bikes. Or even to meet up somewhere and hang out. I hope you guys have a great time if you go this weekend and ride some twisties for me!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

VisionaryDan

OK how about we make it earlier in the day? T'storms are usually afternoon problems. Maybe we can meet at 9 or 10?

Does that make any difference for you Kwells?

Dan

kwells

I could probably coax myself into getting moving a little earlier if it means we can miss the rain...I'm still skeptical since there are the forecasts are still saying early storms...

www.wellsmoto.com

VisionaryDan

Here's what Accuweather is saying about Saturday (updated Friday morning 6/2):

Day: A little rain in the morning;
otherwise, mostly cloudy and not as warm.
High: 72°
Winds N to 13 mph.

It doesn't say Thunder Showers - from this I think the afternoon would be a better time for riding. Let me know. I'll be mapping out some twisty back roads.

Dan

VisionaryDan

Ok are we on?

I think 12:00 should be a good time to meet.

I suggest we meet in Frenchtown or I could come up that way further and meet  up with you in Flemington. I know a few back roads up that way to get us down along the river.

If we meet in Frenchtown there is a parking area to left right before going over the bridge to PA. There are a couple of places to grab a bit there if that be a priority.

Here is a map of the area where there are some nice twisties. The X is Frenchtown NJ.

Let me know.

VisionaryDan

Can we set another date for NEROV ride?

zore

Today is pretty much it for me for a while since my schedule is packed for the next few weeks.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

I guess the weather doens't look so good.  Maybe next time.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

NEROV are you still out there?

We are missing out on some good riding weather and I figured it's time to plan something for one of these weekends. I'm busy fo the next two (7/15, 7/22) but have nothing planned for the rest of the summer. My bikes are running well enough so I'm ready to do some riding. So is any one interested? Heather, Zore or anyone else in the NJ, PA, DE. MD, NY,VA.

Dan 

Night Vision

I've started my fork-dectomy on mine, have to do a stator on my brothers, in the middle of doing a brick paver patio..... I'll be lucky if I'm ready for the mid August OnRov ride that's only 2 hrs away....

Maybe I'll make the spring one? I do want to start putting some zero's on my tank (mini ROV ride event stickers)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

dj

Don't forget about the one guy up in central Maine!  :D

I am hoping to finish rebuilding the old girl some time before the end of the summer. I HOPE!

Maybe I can make it to one of the rides before the snow starts flying.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Lucky

Snow!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!
--Lucky (ex-NEROV)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

SNOW!  I'll take mine chest deep on a 40 degree slope (after checking for avalanche danger)!  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.