News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Spring CROV ride

Started by VisionMeister, January 24, 2008, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visionless

Craig,

I have already updated my route to use 680/780.  I did it after your last post about traffic.  There is a toll bridge on 780, do you know the charge?
     Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

VisionMeister

Looks like 4 bucks for autos. I don't see anything about motorcycles.
Check out www.510.org for bay area traffic details. They have maps posted with current average speeds at different locations and post accident info. I checked it out at 4:00 and it didin't look bad. But is is Tuesday.
Approaches to most interchanges and bridges looked like about 29 mph average.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: visionless on April 08, 2008, 02:49:22 PM
I'm looking at about seven hours of riding so I was planning on leaving about 5:00, but not later than 6:00 AM.  Hopefully that will put me ahead of most traffic.  I would like to arrive around 2:00 to get in a Friday ride.  All of this is contingent on me getting through my back problems before than. 
                    Chris

Go to your Doctor and get the exercises he is going to give you after he does the surgery. Do them; watch TV with your calves on the couch, rock your pelvis apart by pressing your hands against your femurs as you rock. Don't move for 45 minutes, the pain you feel is a good thing, you just took pressure off of the nerves. Go to sleep with a gallon of water pulling on your waist belt and your knees raised on a pillow.
Here are some; http://www.back-exercises.com/back_exercises.html#
Ride a low bar motorcycle instead of driving a car. Re choreograph your life so you don't load that joint like that. Wait 10 years, the fibers around your spine firm up and the problem goes away. Never drive a GM pickup, the seat does not support your back when your foot is on the throttle.

That's the Harvey/Brown back, Uncle Leonard had it too.

$0.02
;)
Coil

supervision

When you first wakeup, stay on your back pressing your spine flat against the mattress. slowly take a deep breath, picture the way a cat or dog, always streschs themself when they getup.  do that, slow and controled, ,make sure you also hold in you stomach, this also straighten your vertibr's.  It is very normal to develope, trouble in our backs, as we get older, our body can no longer take the poor way try to do everything.  I was able to get past major trouble with my back, by these type of conditioning.  Never throw a ball, do not twist, donot bend your back.  pick up only things your are holding against yourself. feeeel the strech
" border="0

Coil Coyle

Chris,

Here is a good set of stretches from the Mayo Clinic. Join their site and search "back exercise" if this link fails.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/back-pain/LB00001_D

Best Wishes...hope to see you at Cotati.

;)
Coil

X-Vision

Are you aware that weekend is the "Concours d'Elegance" in Half Moon Bay?

VisionMeister

One more week on reservations for group rate.
It's not alot of discount but worth it. If you haven't decided yet because of cost, check with the others about room/cost sharing. You could find cheaper rooms at Petaluma or Novato. But beware; Wine county motels tend to go from low end (migrant farm workers) to high end (weekend yuppies) very quickly.
Could be worth PM'g other prospects about ride/gas sharing for those bringing trucks or trailers.
should be a great weekend. Hope you can make it.

VisionMeister

Concourse at Half Moon bay should draw away some of the motorcycle crowd, and make the riding better.
I went last year and it is a great event but, very expensive; $65.00 at the gate, $15.00 for a dry grilled chicken sandwich, $4.50 for a coke.
My friend Ron Peck won 60's competition category with his 67 Triumph flat-tracker.
I decided not to change the dates as I didn't find out until well after alot of people had already committed.
Sorry

motoracer8

Craig, good luck with your ride, I hope you have a good turn out. I commited to the concours months ago as there will be several machines and their owners there that I have done work for, It's just one of those deals I have to show up for. I hope we can get together for a ride some time this summer.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

X-Vision

Motoracer how about taking some pictures and posting them? You know we'll supply the pictures from the ride!

glennw

I have deciced my Vision in primer with mac's would not
score well at the "Concours d'Elegance".. So I have put away
my golf shirts and and choose to ride with people who know
motorcycles are made to RIDE..  :o
Just kidding.. (sorta)...  ;)
Hell for $15.00 I could get a nice sandwich and a six pack... ::)
$65.00 to get in..  That's three "Hedonism" Scooter runs
in Bakersfield.. (food and beer included) and I'll bet the don't have any more fun. ;D
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

Glenn, Sal, Ron and Sharon, Chris, Craig and Nelson (sic????),

It's hard as Christmas Eve to wait to see y'all again. Even if Glenn's Van is MUCHtoo neat for anyone to consider him average.

I've figured out how, as a photographer, I should handle the rest stops; too! I'll just ride by you front riders when I finally catch you a go ahead until I can set up a photo shoot!

Craig, as I proved at the fall ride we took up by your place; I will need an itinerary delivered to me. In the excitement of a ride morning, I seem to forget to ask where we are going!

;)
Coil

VisionMeister

I have some ideas for loops but will be looking for input from all on where to go.
I'm picking up some good county maps from AAA for the search for the Holy Grail, the good deserted back road.
Friday will depend on departure time, but, I think would be a good time to go into Marin couty. If we don't get a quorum soon enough it may just be a run to the coast for the sunset and maybe some fish and chips and brewski.
Saturday we will definitely head north and hit Hwy 1, Stewarts Point Rd., Maybe Hopland Grade, and other roads but I am unsure as to the order we hit them. May want to head inland first if there is much coastal fog.
I'm open to suggestions.

visionless

Something south of Rohnert Park would be nice on Friday.  That way I could just meet up with you somewhere.
           Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

VisionMeister

Time to be firming up your plans and booking rooms.
Send me a PM if you are confirmed and, if you want, give me a mobile number so we can keep tabs on the ride weekend. I'll PM you back with my number.
Ron McCoy: I have an 8709 number. Still good?
Any one need ride sharing?

X-Vision

I've just made my reservation. I'm looking to arrive some time on Friday, I'm not sure if I'm going to ride or drive up. My cell phone # is (661) 496-1514

Ron_McCoy

Reservations made.  We should be arriving sometime mid to late morning Friday.

Craig, that number is still good.  Please PM your number to me. I can't seem to find it.

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ron

Rick G

I hope you go out Lucas valley road , to the coast  and north to Bodega bay, its a gorgeous ride! :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

have fun guys...Wish I could make the trip in a weekend
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

steve

I live only a hour away so I'll be there in time to ride on Friday.  What time will a ride start?  Should I count on arriving at noon, one, two, anyone know?  I do have about a half dozen AAA maps so most everyone can have their own if that helps.  If it helps, there's a big bicycle ride with probably over a thousand riders in the west Sonoma County area on Saturday so it might be best to go east or north and avoid the Guerneville to Cloverdale areas.  8)