Introduction

Started by Dibble, May 30, 2008, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dibble

Hello all,

I am new to the Vision community, and up to this point I have not officially introduced myself. "Dibble" is a really bad pronunciation of my last name, that I had to put up with through all of my school attendance days. Several friends of mine found it sort of catchy, so it has stuck. I am located North of Barrie Ontario.

Anyhow, my ride is a Silver 82 with a "Pichler" fairing. I got it for the cost of a tank of gas to go pick it up 2 hours from where I live. The faring is in pretty rough shape, so it immediately came off. Here is a list of what I have done so far:

1) Removed fairing and bracketry
2) Gas Tank repair - POR-15
3) Cleaned electrical connections
4) Plugs/Caps/Wires
5) Vacuum Lines
6) Carbs cleaned (then cleaned again and rebuilt)
7) New MAC exhaust
8) New BT45 Tires
9) Front Caliper rebuild
10) Front pads and rear shoes
11) Changed all fluids
12) Carb Sync
13) Stator plug elimination
14) New Battery
15) Large amounts of Semi-Gloss Black paint

I likely forgot something, it sure feels like I have done more than that!! There sure is no such thing as a "FREE" Vision. This site has saved me a bunch of time, it's great to have so much information at your fingertips. "Tiger" tracked me down through a "wanted" ad that I had placed in a local buy and sell, and welcomed me to the family. I am looking forward to this years OnROV fall ride, since I was not ready for the spring run.

The bike currently runs, after chasing a major "MAC-fire" problem (my neighbors are not impressed) that ended up being the black ground wire to the front coil. Special thanks to "Tiger" and "Cdnlouie" for some "offline" support. I hope to get the bike in for a safety inspection this weekend, then on the road next week.

Oh yeah, I have named the bike "Night Terror". Not only because it has caused me to wake from sleep screaming, or the late night "sneaking" down the road to an unpopulated area to see if the "MAC-fire" problem was fixed (SHHHHH stop that, your gonna wake the neighbors), but I also got carried away with the black paint (swingarm, forks, everything is going to eventually be black).

I will post some before and after Pics as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Walt_M.

I didn't see any mention of the starter clutch but if Tiger is helping you should get things under control pretty quick.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Tiger

:)Hi Dibble...or should that be "Officer Dibble"  ;D :D :D :D :D... ;) (No, he is not a police officer!!!)...

Here is your "official" welcome to the ROV family, the best place a Vision can bring its owner :D :D :D :D... ;).

Its good to know that we have been able to assist you in your quest to get the "Night Terror" up-and-running. (Just like a lot of us, Dibble has spent a lot of time, energy, patience AND $$$$ getting this far with his Vision).

As I'm sure I've mentioned to you, we are ALL here to help you get the very best from your old girl. Once "dialed in" they really are a fun ride...you will have a blast 8)

I'm sure that we will link up in the next week or so and put yor "V" through her paces... 8)

So once again, welcome to the ROV family & Team OnROV... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

Welcome, Dibble, Your in good hands.
We share a similar problem with our last names. mine is Greville, rhymes with devil. I have gotten variations  such as gerbil ,greevill , gravel  and the best one was gorilla . 
I hope we can all see your pichler fairing , its anew one on me!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

I believe this is a Pichler fairing on a UK XZ550.

Here's their web site:

www.pichler.de/Pages/biketabe.htm

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

That's a great looking V , with the exception of all that red , I could do with out the red.  I really like the fairing and the bag . The Mirror's are nice too! I wonder if the front fender was available , or was it  a home project?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Night Vision

fender looks like a Seca Turbo.... or 400 Seca
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:) That U.K. Vision is/was phatjaps I believe...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!