News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Next OnROV Ride ???

Started by Tiger, May 23, 2008, 06:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on July 18, 2008, 10:56:55 PM
I'm hoping my alter ego will make an appearance, only time will tell. ;D ;D ;D ;D

:) Woch vewee, vewee carefulwee WickyG 4 your bruvver  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

That was a hoot , at first I thought it was your Scotts /Britt accent , finally I realized it was Elmer Fudd.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

:( Given the somewhat damp day we have today !!! (pouring with rain across the entire region since last night, non stop!!!) the ride has been put over to next Sunday (27th July)...is this what they mean by a rain check ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

The meet is at the same location...meet at Tim Horton's in Cookstown next Sunday at 10 a.m. (27th July).... It is located on Hwy 89 on the west end of town, (on the north side of Hwy 89)...it is the only one in town!!

For those wishing to ride out with me, please be at my place by 9.00 a.m. sharp...See you all next weekend... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Dibble

Sunday the 27th is no good for me... :( :(

fiddlesticks

So whats the scoop? Anyone meeting this Sunday 27th? Or are we gonna wait for dibble? Hey Dib. when are you free?
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

:) Providing the weather co-operates to some degree, Lil'Blaster and I will be there... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

fiddlesticks

1 Black 82 Virago 750

Tiger

:) Supposed to be a "Good weather day", (26c/79f), sooooooooo....don't forget your rain gear :o ::) :D :D :D :D... ;)

The meet is at the same location...meet at Tim Horton's in Cookstown TODAY (Sunday) at 10 a.m. (27th July).... It is located on Hwy 89 on the west end of town, (on the north side of Hwy 89)...it is the only one in town!!

For those wishing to ride out with me, please be at my place by 9.00 a.m. sharp...See you there... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Met up with Fiddlesticks for a one Vision, one Virago OnROV ride... 8) Put a few more miles on "The Mistress" who ran like a dream until near the end when she suddenly quit!!! wtf...thinks I :o
Turns out to be a blown ignition fuse ::) changed it out and off we went...only for it two blow several miles on. checked the wiring out, couldn't see anything, changed the fuse again and headed for home which was approx' 30 miles away :-\

Well, I got home safe and sound with no more trouble..."The Mistress" may have picked up a Virago Gremlin!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

:) Fid' was ridin' her "new" 750 Virago, which she handles very well...Nice find girl 8)

8) Thanks again Fiddlesticks, it was good to meet and ride with you again... 8)

Night Vision

similar thing was happening to me...

everytime I hit a bump... main fuse would blow... come to find out:

some wiring was "pinched" in the shock spring and was shorting out

(because all the wiring/re-routes were stuffed behind the batt box...)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

fiddlesticks

Yep. Had a great time too tiger. Brunch at flapjacks was terrific.  Of course I did end up having to ride through the storm of the century (at least it felt like it) I waS SOAKED TO THE BONE in 2 minutes flat. Not even enough warning to put my rain paints on. But as someone here once said a ride in the rain is better than none at all . lol
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Tiger

:) I haven't had a chance to look over "The Mistress" as yet... :o The last time this happened, (three years ago 'ish), like N_V, it was a "nipped" wire (from the volt meter) causing a short... ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Found, (and fixed), a chaffed live wire!!! Cut it out and replaced with 2008 wire ;) Off out for a ride, lunch, ride and then supper at the parents house 8) Have a great day... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)