December 16th

Started by Coil Coyle, December 18, 2006, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

I got the new exhaust gaskets installed in Jim E's Vision on Saturday after work. It was my Dad's birthday so I thought I'd take a short ride in his memory on one of his favorite motorcycles.

Opening the shop door I found that an ice fog had filled the valley while I worked through the night. There was about 2" of frozen fog on the ground and the air was still low visibility. The V was quietly idling and ready for a ride. I put on my coat and helmet, the winter gear is still hidden in the storage waiting for a home, and headed across the parking lot.

There is a nice perimeter road around our plant so I rode it. The traction was OK, no ice. My shield fogged right up as I hit second gear. I flipped it up and made the turn by the warehouse. With my glasses frosted I tilted my head up to look under them and made the turn by the training trailer. On the back stretch by the sanitation sump my neck started freezing and frost was blocking my view by sticking to my eyelashes. I got back into first and rode across to the shop awning.

The only warm weather I found online was from Tuscon to Houston.  I think that I'll try somewhere further South next year for the ride, Dad.

:)
Coil

Coil Coyle

This year on my Dads birthday I took Hussein for a short ride. There was a light snow so I only rode around the block.

Oregon seems to like to freeze or snow on his birthday.

;D
Coil

VisionMeister

Hey Coil,
we're bidding on a new plant for Amy's Kitchen at White City.
What's going on?
Our local contractor, Andy Batzer, does good design build work, such as the Balteau Electric transformer plant.
I now hear that Panatoni Development is involved.
anything you could enlighten me on?
Maybe Panatoni has an own and lease back proposal.

Careful on that frozen fog. We've got good riding conditions here in the foothills. But, you do have to be careful as soom of the shaded areas are still wet and were sanded last week for ice. Always keeps you n your toes when you charge around a corner to find a wet sanded road.

Happy New Year

Coil Coyle

VM,
       I hope you have healed well from the ankle injury.

Our Project Engineer, Mary Alexander, did mention that a developer was going to do the plant expansion. Something like you suggest is how the rest of the plant evolved after we were up and running.

Your observation about "the developer" is how to go about it; in my "in the dark" and fed mostly horse shit, opinion. You have better information than I do, but, the structure of the deal will be as you proposed in your message given Mary's worries regarding how to face the local electrical contractors who had bid. This is the extent of my knowledge; she shared that she didn't know how to articulate to them that a "developer" was going to do it. Bert Pires, engineering; Scott Reed, top guy; Bret Mohar, operations and Andy B's, eyes and ears, and Andy Kopral, accounting, are who sit at the top. Andy K. rides a top of the line BMW, 4 cyl crosswise, and he rides fast according to people who rode up from Cal with him. Andy and Rachel B. run the show, these other people have there complete attention.

Hope y'all get it. Agness still has a road to it, as of this years first snow anyway.

;)
Coil

VisionMeister

As I thought.
The road to Agness sounds good, but after breaking my leg last year and all the financial chaos, I've returned to work full time. Won't have time to ride as much.
I was thinking of recommending Northern Calif for a Vision ride. Hwy 36 to the coast and the Klammath River Hwt to Yreka is a great run. Late Summer when its drier.