News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Dropped bars?? Hmmmm

Started by Lucky, May 11, 2008, 12:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

To use those bars , you really need a bum stop seat.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 20, 2008, 01:58:35 PM
Why is it that all I can en'vision' is a monkey & a football?!?   ;D

H2O

H2O, you know, don't get me started, i'll end up painting the bike New England partiots, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on May 20, 2008, 10:13:16 PM
Quote from: h2olawyer on May 20, 2008, 01:58:35 PM
Why is it that all I can en'vision' is a monkey & a football?!?   ;D

H2O

H2O, you know, don't get me started, i'll end up painting the bike New England partiots, lol

Just make sure you make lots of video!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

Lucky,,, give up on flipping the risers, controling the bike will be next to impossible just due to getting used to them ,and learning to ride all over again . best solution: shave a set of risers flush, get a set of super bike clip ons ,,, they make them in right size, not expensive ,, and they will "fit" the look of the bike,,, all cafe and no "crashe' "  lol

don't forget, once all is in order, get a tail cowling made at your favorite body shop-- little bit of fiberglass fabrication, a small amount of padding and a bit of paint    mounting is easy if just bolt it to the seat pan

am going tail cowling route on my black vision soon,,, just have to get it low enough to ride ,then begin adding in the extras
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .