Main Menu

KWELLS!

Started by inanecathode, May 10, 2007, 10:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Ladies and gentlemen!
The great inane shall now remote view kwell's vision!
Beautiful red with a shark fairing.... im getting images of.... covered... covered something... covered parking? Is there covered parking?
I'm also getting hits on something... wet... a large wet... lake! Yes, definitely near a lake!

Am i close?  :o :o :o ??? ??? ???

EDIT:

DUDE! Small world! Have you seen that blue cb650 thats around the corner from where your bike is parked? That's my brothers bike :O i'm helping him fix it.
I saw your vision and though "no fricken way is there a vision that's that nice with a shark fairing who's owner ISNT a visionary!"
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

haha...indeed it be so....I have seen that bike but only on occasion.  Definitely let me know when you're out and about. I have a trunk full of tools and at times a bit O knowhow. Just got back from work.  Im embarrassed cuz my Vision is covered with pollen now

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Quote from: kwells on May 10, 2007, 11:51:51 PM
haha...indeed it be so....I have seen that bike but only on occasion.  Definitely let me know when you're out and about. I have a trunk full of tools and at times a bit O knowhow. Just got back from work.  Im embarrassed cuz my Vision is covered with pollen now

Cool man! Might drop by next week some time if you're about!
Say.. Ever seperated the carbs on a cb650? ;D

kwells

nope but I could help screw it up...have a manual?

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Quote from: kwells on May 11, 2007, 12:10:37 AM
nope but I could help screw it up...have a manual?

Lol, nope!
I was only half kidding, i dont want to seperate the things, just clean em on the rack. You could hang out with me and my brother as we screw up his motorcycle, always helps to have an extra pair of eyes!

kwells

i do have a gallon of chemdip in my trunk as we speak

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Quote from: kwells on May 11, 2007, 12:25:29 AM
i do have a gallon of chemdip in my trunk as we speak

Small world again, i do too :D!

Thing is about the cb650, dunno if you're familiar with them, but its a quad carb setup. They're held together with the sync rod, choke rod, fuel linkages, accelerator pump linkages, and 3 brackets. As you can imagine, kinda a pain to take apart :o

kwells

yah knew it was a 4 cyl and must follow similar principles as my sprint and vision...probably somewhere in the middle

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

You should be able to find an online parts diagram for the carbs on some Honda site.  That's almost as good as a manual provided you have an inkling of what you're doing.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

oh btw way my girlfriend just told me she saw you pushing your bike...she thought it was mine at first...haha

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

!
That was your girlfriend? Nice catch if you dont mind me saying lol, it's my brothers bike, the blue one. I havent had my vision down the hill yet.

h2o: we have the online version of the manual, its pretty clear on how to take them apart from eachother but we're gonna clean out the bowls and passages we see first, then see if it runs.
Get this kwells, the main jets in 2 out of the 4 carbs were NOT EVEN THREADED just set in there. A float bowl was in upside down, and i'm fairly certain the missing float bowl screw is sitting inside one of the throttle slides.

kwells

well that could be a reason why it doesnt run right!...

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Aye, the guy dropped it on the number 1 carb, bending the choke butterfly in half, and breaking the choke cable attatchment :/

kwells

now I want to go out and see where the bike is...

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Its out towards the end of the apartment complex, kinda up around the corner sorta... out north i think. Blue cb650

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Quote from: kwells on May 11, 2007, 01:35:22 AM
this one?

Lol! Yeah, that's the one! Pretty eh? Needs the carbs done right, and the guy said the battery isnt charging (dunno if i believe him).