Last ride of 07

Started by Ron_McCoy, January 01, 2008, 06:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron_McCoy

Visionless and I put in 180 miles yesterday. We rode east into the desert past Willow Springs Raceway to Lancaster and past lake Hughes to Francisquito Canyon Road. This was a mixture of tight twisties turning into miles of big sweepers, back to tight twisties, back to big sweepers that took us to Santa Clarita where we gassed up in sight of Six Flags Magic Mountain.  Then we took Bouquet Canyon Road back over to the desert and back home.  No snow, but plenty of wind and plenty of fun.  It was a great way to  end 2007.             ;D ;D ;D

supervision

All right! glad to hear you got some riding in.  I was determined to do something today too.  I hauled the xr200 to Hollister Hills, did some Flat Tracking, on the class C clay, followed by some rough ridding on the Vintage MX Track.  Only took two hours to bring me to my Knees! Had a big smile all the way home. The weather was perfect, almost 60, full sun.  The place was packed, people enjoying the long weekend camping, or just for the day.  The tracks are never very busy, mostly just people hanging out by their rigs!  You can't believe how many people have these huge trailer's, trucks, bikes, ect..   
" border="0

Rick G

Ron , that was my old stomping ground !  I rode in Bean canyon , north and east of Willow, Theres a trail the  climbs up into the mts and comes out to the south east.
I rode solo up there in 1969 or 70,  on my ISDT Jawa 250 , and finally sat down in the shelter of a bolder, at 5 or 6 thousand feet and watched Lancaster  get plastered by a snow storm . It was peacefull  and a great ride.  Wish I still had the Jawa.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

My next door neighbor, growing-up, used to take me on desert riding trips, Red Rock Canyon, California City. Randsburg, Johanisburg. El Merage Dry Lake.   We used to roll down their in his red 59 FORD pick-up pulling the 56 SHASTA trailer.  First we had HODAKA'S, then PENTON'S. 

" border="0

Rick G

El Marage was fun , I taught my kid to drive there.
Once went with Gary Scott  and friends,  He was on a 120 Suzuki trail bike We talked him into riding one fellows 250 Bultaco Pur Sang. He rode around a 1/2 mile oval that a fellow on a BSA was cutting hotlaps on. After Gary  passed him on the outside , he pulled in to spectate and ask who is that kid?.

I'm told that now, there are RR ties all around it, so you can't get on with out "permission"
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

trialattorney

Ron,
If you ever do that ride again, let me know; I live very near Magic Mountain and would consider joining you in Santa Clarita. Still working on the V's to get the road ready. Haven't found the short yet on the grey 82 (that I brought with me last time) and the 83 is going slowly, still trying to figure out all the problems...but even if neither are running, I'll take the ST1300 out for a spin. I do most of that loop on my bicycle (the part from Santa Clarita up San Fransciquito to Green Valley, then I head back Bouquet Canyon)...
Les

X-Vision

Les,
     Send me a PM, I maybe able to help you on the wiring problem!