Hi form east europe! :)

Started by Stuman, February 13, 2007, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuman

Quote from: XZv2 on March 04, 2007, 04:45:30 AM
So, even if Yamahas were sold new in Bulgaria in the 80's, no XZ were sold and no spares were at the importer's. If there are Yamaha motorcycle dealers now in Bulgaria, they probably can order spares from the Yamaha spares depot for Europe, if you give them the part number.

The Bulgarian dealership of Yamaha SUX! They are assholes! When i called to ask for headcover gasket the told me "We are not sell parts for old motorcycles like your! We work only with new models...."  >:( And close the telephone.  >:( ...assholes...  >:(

XZv2

They probably don't know what the price of these parts is and what the profit.......
Yamaha dealers in Europe (at least some in Holland and Germany I used) want to order parts if you come to their shop with the Yamaha part number.
XZv2

Stuman

But i use my number (11U bla bla) when i called them. They ask me for him. :) I told you...ther are assholes.  ;D

Please answer me!  ::)

QuoteMy another questuion is for the motoroil. What is better for XZ? Semisintetic 15W50 or Mineral 20W40? Now i'm driving with Motul 5100 Ester 15W50 semisintetic and i'm pleased.  Smiley Thank you!

I think my fueltank is repainted.  :)

XZv2

Stoil, bikers tend to disagree on brands and types of oil. I use Castrol semisynthetic GPS 10W40 in one XZ;  fully synthetic 5W50 in the other. My son-in-law uses fully synthetic too in his XZ.
We are happy with both types. With fully synthetic you may have minor oil leaks. The three bikes do not use oil, at least we can do more than 1000 km without seeing a lower level.
If your bike is reasonable clean internally and if it does not use much oil, I would advise such a modern oil as you use, not a mineral brand. But certainly there are XZ-riders happy with a mineral brand. 
One good advice: stick to one brand and type if your bike runs well on it. Change oil and filter yearly or after 3000 km, if that comes sooner.
My two eurocents, XZv2

Stuman

I asked because i have heard that for old bikes is better minetal oil.  :) Whatever...than you for the advice.  :)

:o :o 3000km?  :o :o So short run??  :o I change oil, oil filter and airfilter on every 6000km.  ???

Lucky

Whatever oil you use, (i like a blend) be sure it's formulated for wet clutches.  too much of some additives will cause the clutch to slip.  fortunatly if you should happen to have this problem with a particular oil, switching back usualy cures the problem.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

XZv2

Stoil and Lucky, the oil Stoil uses (Motul 5100) is a special motorcycle oil, it is good for motorcycles with wet clutches.
It is sold in Holland in three versions, 10W40, 10W50 and 15W50.
One of the 10W variants is best for winter use, one of the 50 variants for summer use. For all year use the best certainly is 10W50.
XZv2