News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New road to ride

Started by kwells, September 10, 2007, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

I think it may have come up on here before by Tanno but this weekend I did the road that goes through Golden Gate State Park (CO).  It eventually turns into Rt 46 though.  Originally I was going to go all the way to Estes Park but the temps dropped pretty fast and rain was threatening so we just went out to Boulder for some lunch.  Sorry H20 will try to give more lead time next time...but we ended up not having service when we decided to head up 119 to boulder...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=80232&daddr=CO-93+%4039.773150,+-105.235860+to:CO-46%2FGolden+Gate+Canyon+Rd+%4039.842860,+-105.491910+to:S+Bridge+St%2FCO-119+%4039.959600,+-105.510420+to:Canyon+Blvd+%4040.015530,+-105.280680+to:CO-93+%4039.782380,+-105.231490+to:CO+80232&mrcr=5&mra=pi&sll=39.769756,-105.289536&sspn=0.126401,0.32135&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1

Golden Gate Park is a great twisty road with minimal cages as compared to the Morrison and Clear Creek Canyon.  I only had to pass maybe 4 cars for free reign of the whole road.  We'll definitely be riding that one more before the season is over.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

No big deal.  It was pretty cool here all day.  Never got into the 60s at my house.  Supposed to be even cooler Monday.  Will be a good day to do some carb experimentation on Silver V.  Now that it's running a lot cooler, maybe I can finally eliminate that last nagging sporadic stumble.

Have been curious about Golden Gate Canyon for a long time.  Glad you found another great ride close to home!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Glad you found that road finally haha. Its a nice ride, been driving it for 4 years :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tanno

That wasn't me. Coal Creek Canyon is the one that splits your posted route in half.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

ah...ok...well then I'll have to try that one out as well
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Coal creek is pretty bitchin actually. The upper part is moderate (50<mph) sweepers, middle section slow speed (15>mph) switch backs and 90 degree turns, and the end is a long high speed sweeper ending in a 4 mile long straight piece of perfectly flat road :D

Tanno

inane.... Are you going to the Cali ride also?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

inanecathode

Nay, i was going to, but after thinking about it i decided my car needed the money more than i needed an epic road trip :(
Next season though for sure!