News:

Main Menu

Still having problems!

Started by Pro_window78, June 09, 2009, 12:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pro_window78

I just recently aquired an 82 vision for my wife. I have gone thru the carbs and cleaned them up. They were pretty clean anyway. My problem is that the bike won't idle after it is warmed up. In fact unless revved it doesn't want to run. I replaced my vaccum hoses, sealed some small cracks on the intake joints w/ rtv, and thouroughly cleaned the carbs. The bike runs fantastic until it jst gets to a certain point. The temp gauge isn't showing it anywhere near overheating. I am wondering if my battery is weak and the fan is kcking on and sucking too much juice causeing misfiring. I will get a new battery soon, It also cranks slow, I'm wondering if my starter seal is in need of replacement. Where do I find one? Also the gasket for the cover?, and I figure I'll go ahead and do the starter clutch fix while I'm in there. I also cut the rev limiter wire after it started acting up, but no go. I am baffled, Ive never had a bike run so well for awhile then just run like garbage like flicking a switch. Any Ideas from you gurus would be helpful. Thanks, Ryan

YellowJacket!

Sounds like your gas cap vent may be clogged.  Does your bike have the YICS on it?  May be leaking if its still there.  Sealing it will fix the problem or you can cap off the two ports and see how it runs.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Cap off the YICS ports first, do your troubleshooting, then worry about the YICS.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Pro_window78

The Yics is gone, somebody got rid of that b4 I had the bike.

Pro_window78

It also has a locking gas cap, Is that stock?

QBS

Walt_M.

You can take the locking ears off, I did it with mine but I have a garage and don't have to worry about anyone peeing in the tank. 
Whale oil beef hooked!

h2olawyer

Check for a clogged fuel filter if one is installed.  If there isn't one, get one.  Another option is something that happened to me - the fuel line would kink as it warmed up, drastically reducing the fuel flow.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.