News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Tank Sealer

Started by Re-Vision, April 29, 2010, 03:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Got my painted parts back today, a little annoyed that the painter's so called "experts" (Read Harley-Davidson) convinced him not to use the Caswells Tank Sealer that I gave him. Does anyone know if a tank sealer from Rustoleum is any good?  I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get to give any input on this change.   BDC

Lucky

Rustolium? are you serious? i'd take it back & make them re do it!

One of the products we have learned to use over the years is Berrymans fuel injector cleaner liquid.  Several years ago I asked the good people at POR15 if the berrymans would damage the POR coating, since we had discovered it will eat Kreem.  they sent someone out to get a can, tested it with the por products, & actually CALLED me on the phone to give me the results. (impressive)

what they said was that the Berrymans was basicly a super paint stripper but wouldn't hurt the POR.

now I don't know about you, but i wouldn't think paint stripper & rustolium would be a good combination...

my guess is that they sprayed the liner in so they didn't have to do the shake rattle & roll...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

funkamongus

Caswells FAILED me. Thank them for helping you to avoid that...
They replaced my money for one I still had around but not for the one I used, even though they said they would, but Im stuck cleaning the tank and re-doing it with POR 15. I also paid 84.77 for 2 treatments and shipping, Plus 15 to send theirs back.  they gave me 33.99 cents back. I lied about being nice in another post, I will NEVER do business with caswells again on any level. Im STILL out over 65 bucks, and not only have to re-do my tank, I have to get their crap out of it first. Thats Shyte. Go back there to those experts and shake their hands. All of them.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

2020vision

Funk, Sorry you had trouble with the Caswell product. I've had excellent results with it on my tank. In fact, I liked it so well I decided to try it on my wave solder machine at work. I coated the stainless steel flux nozzle (which had become rusty and very pitted to the point of having eaten holes thru the stainless) Since coating it 3 years ago I've had one less thing to worry about. The Casswell is impervious to the hydrochloric acid, IPA and other chemicals in the flux. It's always  submersed in this acid flux 24/7 and I've seen no break down whatsoever for over 3 years. No special preparation either...as I recall I wire brushed the surface and cleaned with Acetone. I don't know what Casswell would say about this as I've never contacted them.