News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Seca Hard Bags

Started by tt315, July 02, 2009, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tt315

Good afternoon everyone. 

As I wait for the parts to arrive for my project   (More pics to come once its together)

I was looking at craigslist and found Yamaha Seca hard bags for 20 dollars and it came with a fairing

At first I was really excited and drove out to pick them up for FREE!   But i have been toying around with them all morning and am not having much luck. I realize I am going to have to get a custom bracket probably.

The problem is when i put them on it covers the passenger pegs and if i move the turn signals they will be way out of place. 

Any thoughts? Suggestions?  Pictures?  Anything?    Thanks for the help.  Taylor

The faring that came with it and i have the brackets to mount it on a seca

YellowJacket!

TT, I have a set of bags like that that I got from Kiawrench.  I never mounted them becasue I got the Venture bags, however, Kia may be able to give you some advice as to how to mount them.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

tt315

I really like your  bags how they have the turn signals.  Hopefully I can get them to work though b/c side bags would be great. 

Thanks, taylor

Night Vision

I'm pretty sure Kia mounted his Seca bags backwards. left one on the right side and vice versa
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

tt315

I will see about mounting them backwards.   I might just be giving up on the saddle bag idea for now but they would make the bike so much more useful. 

Thanks for the advice. 

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on July 03, 2009, 09:49:56 AM
I'm pretty sure Kia mounted his Seca bags backwards. left one on the right side and vice versa

Thats what he told me.

The bags that are on YJ now are from (I think) an 83 Yamaha Venture. Either that or a Virago.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)