News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Finally, some pics

Started by RadRacer, July 18, 2009, 06:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadRacer

Well, I've never posted up pics of my Vision.  It's an 83 that my dad aquired from another member on here; it needed a new head gasket.  Anyways, she's on the road again, and running good (except for a slight stutter :()

~'97 3.8L V6 Camaro~   Cam'd daily driver
~'83 Yamaha XZ550RK Vision~   Cruiser :)

h2olawyer

Nice!  But who put the 82 brake pedal on it?  Looks like the rider pegs and sidestand are from an 82 as well.  The graphics, gold wheels, dual discs, black swingarm & gold headlight trim are most definitely an 83.  Cute custom front turn signals.   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

The fairing graphics aren't correct, at least they don't look like mine.

Brain

Night Vision

.... and your tire is all swirley too!

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

RadRacer

Ya, it seems the bike is missing a Yamaha badge on one side of the upper fairing, along with a few things here and there.  IIRC, it was a parts bike that was in a shed with 1 or 2 other Visions, so there's a chance things are mixed up on it.  Either way, it's a nice bike that runs :)

Brian Moffet

It is a nice bike, I think I may be warming to that exhaust system :-)

RadRacer

I'm thinking of working on a LED brake light next.  If I get crazy, I might even try to integrate the flashers into it :)

funkamongus

F-in sahweeeet.. nice bike!!!!!!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Brian Moffet on July 18, 2009, 09:43:24 PM
It is a nice bike, I think I may be warming to that exhaust system :-)

I love my MACS.

Quote from: RadRacer on July 18, 2009, 10:16:23 PM
I'm thinking of working on a LED brake light next.  If I get crazy, I might even try to integrate the flashers into it :)

I got a set ot LED brake Lights to put on my saddle bags.  Haven't mounted them permanently yet but they give quite a bit extra visibility.

BTW, regardless of the hybrid parts status, its still a nice looking Vision.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

jasonm.

Find the '83 brake pedal. SHould you go down...the '82 punches hole in the case. The '83 much less prone to such damage.  Plus the '83 can be trimmed down to make it better.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

VFan

The graphics may not be correct, but I find the entire paint job to be superb. I think the bike looks amazing!

RadRacer

As far as I know, that's the original paint.  For the most part, its in great condition.  There is a spot or two that could use a touch up, but for a 26 year old bike, I think it's fine :)  As for the graphics, it just looks like some of the pin striping is pulled off on the upper fairing.  This is how I got the bike, and have been thinking about changing it up anyways.  One thing my dad wants is for the bike to remain original or be able to be returned back to original; I personally think the decals aren't all that great looking.

rhpaw

The bike can look pretty good without graphics. But boy, it's a bitch to take that stuff cleanly.
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor

Rick G

I've never seen an '83 with those graphics, The gold is usually much wider.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: rhpaw on July 19, 2009, 10:19:51 PM
The bike can look pretty good without graphics. But boy, it's a bitch to take that stuff cleanly.

:) A heat gun will remove them but you need a solvent to remove the adhesive that is left behind :o ::)...The lowers I put into the laundry tub with a solution of hot water and dish soap, let soak for a couple of minutes and slowly/gently peel off...been there, done that and have the "T" shirt ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

QBS

Regarding use of the Heat Gun:  Be damned carefull!  A little heat gun can go a long (the wrong) way.  Consider a hair dryer first.

chaditude

there is a product called "graphics gone" removes old glue in an instant

GT @ oh.

I like your graphics on the upper fairing better than the normal wide stripe usually seen.....you got a nice one there.